Returning to Normal Hours

DatBoi9497

Born to pick, forced to INF
Heard from the closing team lead yesterday that starting August 1st we will be returning to our pre-covid hours. Our store was one of the ones that was open until 11 and midnight on Friday and Saturday and I do not miss having to stay until 1 a.m. Has anybody else heard anything similar?

ugh... so unnecessary.

Target, if you're listening (lol), IMAGINE THE PAYROLL YOU'LL SAVE by still closing at 10! Don't open up those extra hours for the 2 people that will come in. Not worth it. ;)
This. At my store we're already sitting around doing not a lot at 10 pm. Adding another hour is just wasting time. Or maybe not, add a couple more Closing Experts and have them handle the backroom for that hour, I dunno.

It doesn't make business sense to stay open until 11 pm. The vast majority of major retailers close at 9:00 pm or 9:30 pm. Walmarts are open later but we aren't Walmart, it's just a money-loser in terms of actual sales. My availability only goes to 10 PM and it isn't changing.

I think we won't go back to 11:00 PM close because they can't hire enough people.

Our store communication is so bad that if they change the store close to 11:00 PM they won't tell anyone. You will just notice it when the do the schedule.

My store never announced the bonuses, vaccine pay, or any new TL.

Last edited:
I'm sure they have numbers to indicate the extra sales do outweigh the payroll, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

I was a little surprised we went back to 10pm close after Q4, tbh.

In my area we were 7a-10p during Covid19. Going back to 7a-11p mon thru sat and 7a-10p sun. I miss the days of when Sunday open was 8a back in the day. Luckily our store is overnight so is doesn't impact much. During Q4 we were open till 12a and we still rolled our PIPOs and old freight out the back at 10p because it was quiet non-guest facing hours.

Our pre-covid hours were 7am-12am and currently we are 7am-10pm. I hope we don't go back to midnight closing

Our pre-covid hours were 7am-12am and currently we are 7am-10pm. I hope we don't go back to midnight closing
You probably will. We are. We were 7-11 Sun-Thurs and 7-12 Fri and Sat. We started closing at 10 all days during covid but I've just heard we're going back to original hours.

It doesn't make business sense to stay open until 11 pm. The vast majority of major retailers close at 9:00 pm or 9:30 pm. Walmarts are open later but we aren't Walmart, it's just a money-loser in terms of actual sales. My availability only goes to 10 PM and it isn't changing.
Food Lion around here is open until 11 but it makes sense as they're pretty much only food. Target, though?

I haven’t heard anything about our hours changing, but payroll shouldn’t be an issue. Our sales have exploded the past year, we’re still extremely busy until 10pm.

I heard that we're going back to closing at midnight on weekdays and 11:00 PM on Saturdays in August and I'm not thrilled about it although I'm getting close to putting in my two weeks notice in September or October.

I think we won't go back to 11:00 PM close because they can't hire enough people.

Our store communication is so bad that if they change the store close to 11:00 PM they won't tell anyone. You will just notice it when the do the schedule.

My store never announced the bonuses, vaccine pay, or any new TL.

This. My store denied the vaccine bonus existed.

In my area we were 7a-10p during Covid19. Going back to 7a-11p mon thru sat and 7a-10p sun. I miss the days of when Sunday open was 8a back in the day. Luckily our store is overnight so is doesn't impact much. During Q4 we were open till 12a and we still rolled our PIPOs and old freight out the back at 10p because it was quiet non-guest facing hours.
When I started at target Sunday hours were 10am to 7pm. And I didn’t live in a blue law state.

My store is going back to 8a-12a. It's going to screw fulfillment. OPU orders will keep dropping in until 10:30pm, with standard still due at midnight... we'd better get the additional hours to support that.

Back