Archived Rewarding cashiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$10 the first card, $5 the second and $3 for any others.

KrRyjAP.gif

Not you doing jumping jacks or push ups on the counter. That would actually demotivate me.

At my store we also offer extended breaks for outstanding performance selling RCs

Yes please don't do jumping jacks o push ups by the front lanes, even worse if you brag about how fit you are and the cashier is a 60+ year old woman who has trouble walking. Find out what your cashiers like, do they like starbucks? Do they have a favorite food item from food ave? Do they have a favorite candy, dessert, treat? Gift cards are always awesome ;).

Their paycheck
Cracking up at this....I feel like it's so true and simple.....but we also do little gift baskets and gift cards here and there when we have money left over at the end of the month in 549

Yes. I truly LOVE helping Target out to make more money.

But, don't worry about ME making more money. I'm quite content with a 30, 40 cent annual raise.

Just let me sell more red cards for you! :)

I'm just saying. I mean, don't get praised or rewarded for pulling 4 hour cafs in 1 hour or busting out 30+ flex orders a day which usually amounts to over $10k a day for electronics. For 50 cents less I can't stand around and get free rewards for motivation? I'm clearly in the wrong work center!

Gonna ask my ETL for a hat next time I fill a flex for 3 iPads.

Exactly. A wage and continued employment is all that should be necessary.

So I am going to play D.A. for the cashiers here. Their official job duties are to promote the Red Card and educate guest about it. Corporately Target does not say they have to sell a certain amount to keep their job even though many ETL-GEs would suggest otherwise.

I see reasons for giving incentives and reasons for not but considering a cashier can get by with selling a few red cards every now and then and then relaxing, incentives are a great reason to get them to push them relentlessly.

I know in my cashier shifts I would stop feeling pressure to sell them once I got one or two in a shift and would get lazy with asking. Incentives were a great reason to sell as many as I can, rather than simply ask every guest.

I also sense a lot of people on this thread do their job and dont get any incentives and that sucks. One thing I have to give my GSTL is that she will reward the sales floor TMs who have the most transactions backing up and if one of them gets a red card they get a better incentive than the cashiers do. Takes a team to run a successful front end.

Last edited:
I'm just saying. I mean, don't get praised or rewarded for pulling 4 hour cafs in 1 hour or busting out 30+ flex orders a day which usually amounts to over $10k a day for electronics. For 50 cents less I can't stand around and get free rewards for motivation? I'm clearly in the wrong work center!

Gonna ask my ETL for a hat next time I fill a flex for 3 iPads.
Not that I don't agree. . . But four hour cafs in an hour isn't that hard lol

Well said, HR. To me, it's the difference between a 1or 2 RC shift, and a 4 RC shift.

Money (g/c) talks.

Give me the money. I'll buy my own steak!

I like the idea of rewarding team for backing up! I might actually get a response when asking for a back 'team we need a backup to the front, who can respond?' rather than the crickets I get now! lol Of course if a TM is in an area they don't like they will respond every time and then say they couldn't complete because they were backing up all night!!

Not that I don't agree. . . But four hour cafs in an hour isn't that hard lol
It is when you are the only brtm and you can't even start them until an half hour after they drop due to flexes and guest calls.

I did ask my ETL for a hat for being targets stupid ass times. She told me no and walked away lmao

Last edited:
It is when you are the only brtm and you can't even start them until an half hour after they drop due to flexes and guest calls.

I did ask my ETL for a hat for being targets stupid ass times. She told me no and walked away lmao

That's hilarious :)

Gift cards are the only decent reward IMO.

Watching LOD's do pushups is ridiculous. How does that reward me when I consistently get redcards every shift?
Home made food is a bad idea. How does that reward me if I'm lactose intolerant and the TL is handing out cheese sandwiches?
All food is a bad idea unless it's a gift card to a restaurant and even then, it might not be a restaurant the winner likes.
Red shirts? Oh god no. I have a dozen red Target shirts. Please stop.
Extra break time? Well okay, sure, I'll earn 15 extra minutes of break, so I'll take a 30 minute sit-down and push back the break schedule so that everyone else has to wait while I enjoy my prize.
Basket of beauty supplies? Sure, the dudes all love that. Basket of candy? Sure, the chicks on a diet love that.
Free DVD? Sure, but only if I get to pick it out. Oh, wait, I don't have a DVD player. More useless shit.

Nope. None of that flies with me. Rewards should be in gift cards. At least the card will be spent in the store and generate sales.

Our store is cheap af.
I guess my reward is my paycheck but unless I'm getting serious hours, even that isn't a reward.

I'm having a "fuck Target" kind of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back