Archived Rewarding My Top 3 Performing Cashiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
So I was asked by my TLs to come up with some reward or recognition for the top 3 conversion performers every week. I was hoping to bring some new ways to do so, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. In the past, we have made little gift bags with small items and a gift card, and recently we have hand-written recognition cards to each of them.

I don't really have a dollar amount limit, however, I do have to keep it simple. I was thinking of giving gifts based on the current holidays and have theme to them each time.

I once had a etl/log who gave great "gift bags" she actually knew us well enough that she would put our favorite candy/ soda. or something like that in it ...she would always add a short note saying I know how you like your ( insert soda name here)...hope you enjoy it and thank you for a great job. I always thought the thought she put into it...was kinda neat .

I do like the "get to know you" sheets. People like to be recognized in different ways.. some publicly, some privately, some will give details on what kind of chocolate they like. Personally I like gift cards, but my team lead found I like books specifically - best personalized recognition ever is something tailored to the team member's interests.

Our hrtm did some great goodie bags: they included the little flashlights from the dollar spot, stress balls, a $5 gift card, candy, pens/mini highlighters.

Considering we've been giving out $5 Gift Cards for every RecCard a cashier gets, some of these cashiers have received more than a pay raise in store credit so far!

Now that's decent motivation.

And @Nauzhror you have great taste in scotch.

Considering we've been giving out $5 Gift Cards for every RecCard a cashier gets, some of these cashiers have received more than a pay raise in store credit so far!
I wish every store did that! That would be very nice since I am actually good at getting them. I used to get about 2-3 a shift when I was a cashier.

Why not let them pick an item in the store up to 15 or 25 dollars? I love those kinds of prizes. I was offered a free lunch at Panara bread with the ETL but I felt it was inappropriate.

I forgot about the "get to know you" questions. Anybody got a copy? I remember when I first started at Target, my GSTL gave me one. I diligently filled it out, gave it back to her, and she looked at me as if I was crazy. Needless to say, no recognition I ever got even slightly related to my answers. Yay, Target.

I forgot about the "get to know you" questions. Anybody got a copy? I remember when I first started at Target, my GSTL gave me one. I diligently filled it out, gave it back to her, and she looked at me as if I was crazy. Needless to say, no recognition I ever got even slightly related to my answers. Yay, Target.

I remember on mine they asked what my favorite drink was and I said Guinness.
I was recognized a bunch of times and they never gave me any.

It came down from our district absolutely no more gift cards for recognition. The tax issues made them put their hand down. :-(

When was this? We still give out gift cards regularly for red cards.

About a month and a half ago. I know other people on here said before this happened here that Target gift cards were a no-no. So I'm sure you'll be fine until your district gets a tax burr up their pants and says no more. Or they may never notice and you'll forever be fine.

My store won't do gift card anymore, however we do let TMs pick out merchandise up to a certain value (one day it was $10 per RC... ONE day). Sometimes we'll offer free Starbucks, but I usually talk my way into something more useful (like socks).

I have received at home in the mail a hand written note from my etl for job recognition that was signed by many of the other etl and tls. That was a big morale boost for me. Another home-delivered note was from my tl for being most productive in a quarter. That was followed up with nice polo shirt.
So, while getting gift card, shirts, etc for meeting and exceeding goals is a nice bonus, don' t overlook the value of a hand-written note. Oh, and sincerity helps.

I have received at home in the mail a hand written note from my etl for job recognition that was signed by many of the other etl and tls. That was a big morale boost for me. Another home-delivered note was from my tl for being most productive in a quarter. That was followed up with nice polo shirt.
So, while getting gift card, shirts, etc for meeting and exceeding goals is a nice bonus, don' t overlook the value of a hand-written note. Oh, and sincerity helps.
I could not agree with you more. something about a hand written note does wonders. When I got one with all the ETLs signing it and TLs I personally thanked each one of them when I saw them.

we don't do target giftcards at my store but for some reason itunes or restaurant cards are perfectly ok. if they want a target giftcard we just write a vibe card for them to get that amount off an order. We are currently giving away anywhere from 5-25 dollars per redcard. I had a cashier come back from LOA for the summer and she still has two weeks left but she's made over 300 dollars in redcard prizes so far.

Wow! I thought the 529 account was cut back massively the past year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back