Rfid scan

So checked myperformance and our 'expected' number in the mydevice was much lower then the 'expected' number that was reported which made us yellow but the items scanned number was within 1000.

That is great.. I give up trying to chase a number that isn't right.

Just got given the OK to try swapping the zebra as we didn't know if that was okay.. hopefully no issues with this one. Upset that we have to send my preferred one out, lol. What a day.

Edit: Lol this one is doing it too.

Last edited:
So checked myperformance and our 'expected' number in the mydevice was much lower then the 'expected' number that was reported which made us yellow but the items scanned number was within 1000.

That is great.. I give up trying to chase a number that isn't right.

Absolutely track what you had every week.. we take a photo at the end of every cycle, and they said we missed literally 10k items last week. And keep an eye on your PM/AM report to make sure they don't screw you over on time compliance like they did to us. They just swapped us to the exact time PM.

Why are you doing RFID today? We were instructed that no one was doing it this week.

From our Group Operations Director (wow weird acronym for that one): 'We will NOT be doing an RFID Scan next week' (sent last Friday).

Last edited:
Nobody gave us any communication about not scanning. TL didn't get a redwire, nothing. And a task dropped. It took three CSC calls for someone to finally tell me that task should not have dropped. My STL didn't even know.

Did you guys have any problem with your reports this week? We made over 100% last week... only to be told we now had 10k more expected items than we did, and our submit time was twelve hours late. Already being mysupported, just curious if it happened elsewhere.

Ours read 91K for the scan but when the report came out they told us we were expected 108K.... srsly? And this HAD to be the one time my TL didn't take a photo of the screen before sending. >< *sigh*

Absolutely track what you had every week.. we take a photo at the end of every cycle, and they said we missed literally 10k items last week. And keep an eye on your PM/AM report to make sure they don't screw you over on time compliance like they did to us. They just swapped us to the exact time PM.

I am not doing anymore work arounds. They can either get it right all the way with having workbench match the gun or put it back in beta until they work out the bugs. Cause i am not given the time to photograph this and document that so I don't get my ass chewed out.

I'm so done.

Has anyone been given a reason for it being cancelled the last two weeks? I'm starting to wonder if it's related to the errors I was having... if phase 2 broke it. (And all these myperformance problems)

It could be that the volume of merch passing through the supply chain at this time of year doesn't produce accurate data. Most of soft lines at this point is discontinued so how much of it could be replenished anyway? Don't forget, swimwear will set in two or three weeks.

Has anyone been given a reason for it being cancelled the last two weeks? I'm starting to wonder if it's related to the errors I was having... if phase 2 broke it. (And all these myperformance problems)
Last week for recovery I was told (even though I don't understand how that would get in the way of the scan...) and this week they're doing maintenance.

It could be that the volume of merch passing through the supply chain at this time of year doesn't produce accurate data. Most of soft lines at this point is discontinued so how much of it could be replenished anyway? Don't forget, swimwear will set in two or three weeks.
We have wayyyyyyy to much softlines right now... And like ten repack boxes of swimwear

Last week for recovery I was told (even though I don't understand how that would get in the way of the scan...) and this week they're doing maintenance.
This week there's maintenance? A 3rd week in a row with no RFID scan? Oh, happy day.

This may seem like a stupid question...but does this RFID system actually update the on-hands for the items? It seems to me like it's just counting everything...but not really doing anything else.

This week there's maintenance? A 3rd week in a row with no RFID scan? Oh, happy day.
Yeah it'll be a month for my store because the week before Thanksgiving our scan never saved even though we got well over 100%. Could have easily scanned last week

This may seem like a stupid question...but does this RFID system actually update the on-hands for the items? It seems to me like it's just counting everything...but not really doing anything else.
Not entirely sure, I've noticed that our oos in softlines has gotten drastically better since rfid

Supposedly is does change counts, but that could be scary because no one is checking to see if we actually have the stuff in the store. There was supposed to be a function on the myDevice, sort of like drastic count, that would direct the LOD to go behind the RFID scan to search for large discrepancies and either confirm/deny them and add/fix the tags. I haven't seen nor heard anything about this recently.

Supposedly is does change counts, but that could be scary because no one is checking to see if we actually have the stuff in the store. There was supposed to be a function on the myDevice, sort of like drastic count, that would direct the LOD to go behind the RFID scan to search for large discrepancies and either confirm/deny them and add/fix the tags. I haven't seen nor heard anything about this recently.
I take a look at the adjustments to zero report in myperformance to see if there are items that should have been tagged. usually its place mats and girls jewelry
if its active I tag it, disco I ignore.

I take a look at the adjustments to zero report in myperformance to see if there are items that should have been tagged. usually its place mats and girls jewelry
if its active I tag it, disco I ignore.

I found sunglasses are an item you need to check the day before you scan cause three times I have found that the shipment the vendor pushed was not pre-tagged. And I just pull random pieces if they are clothing or hardlines stuff if I don't see a tag while I am scanning. Then I check the list of what should be tagged and either send a partner to tag up the stuff or just reshop it if it is not on the RFID list.

I just haven't seen any big differences in items that the SFS team can't find. Clothing is a lost cause because half of our inventory is randomly hanging throughout the backroom. But I am still frequently having issues finding items in domestics, when it seems like it should have been corrected via the RFID process. Like the other day I was missing one of those huge brown furry pillows. It's not exactly easy for it to go missing...but we still somehow had on-hands for it.

RFID is quickly turning into Target Canada. I wonder if this was one of Cornell's ideas or if the ball was already rolling before he joined.

Back