Rfid scan

Is anyone having as issue where you scan a section or backroom aisle until you don't get anymore hits, then walk through the areas again at the end, but you get a lot more hits? This week, for example, we scanned sunglasses until we couldn't get any more hits but there were still a couple hundred missed, came back in an hour and it picked up the last 200. Annoying AF having to go through sections multiple times...

I scan the BR while the instocks TM is on break and walk a single aisle several times, up and down the ladder until there are no beeps, come back later and still getting lots of hits.

In other news, I mySupported getting expected hits on the salvage pallet every week. Apparently they know it is an issue but haven't come up with a solution yet.
I get this sometimes, but I also do the scan while flow is there pushing and unloading. So I've always contributed it to that. But it could be that it just didn't pick up a bunch of stuff before, and after going through it once it won't pick up the stuff you already got, so it has an easier time picking up the items you haven't. I'm not entirely sure.

Is anyone having as issue where you scan a section or backroom aisle until you don't get anymore hits, then walk through the areas again at the end, but you get a lot more hits? This week, for example, we scanned sunglasses until we couldn't get any more hits but there were still a couple hundred missed, came back in an hour and it picked up the last 200. Annoying AF having to go through sections multiple times...

I scan the BR while the instocks TM is on break and walk a single aisle several times, up and down the ladder until there are no beeps, come back later and still getting lots of hits.

In other news, I mySupported getting expected hits on the salvage pallet every week. Apparently they know it is an issue but haven't come up with a solution yet.
When you go back to the area later, did you change the battery in the sled at that point?
I find that once I change the battery to a fresh charged (from in the battery charger) battery it starts picking things up it missed en masse.

When you go back to the area later, did you change the battery in the sled at that point?
I find that once I change the battery to a fresh charged (from in the battery charger) battery it starts picking things up it missed en masse.

I change the battery before I start the backroom and still have issues in the back. It may contribute to the problem on the floor, I'll go find out at what point of the day the sunglasses were scanned.

Program is weird. We just jumped to phase 2 today as well. We had 91K listed, up from 40k+ the week before. I was up to 92K before leaving softlines and still had hardlines to scan. We ended up with like 17K extra and 4K missing for a grand total of 107K+ when all was said and done. While I was scanning I would watch as occasionally the number under the Xtras column shifted to the missing column....wondering if the reads are hitting the device so fast there is lag time on processing. Either way it's dumb to read that you're missing 292 but geez you have 1,000 extras in a dept.

We had similar issues as well. Over 83K listed, double from previous week. Probably 15K extra and maybe 7K missing. Feel like Checkpoint can't accept the data as fast as it comes in and the program just dumps it over to extra.

Program is weird. We just jumped to phase 2 today as well. We had 91K listed, up from 40k+ the week before. I was up to 92K before leaving softlines and still had hardlines to scan. We ended up with like 17K extra and 4K missing for a grand total of 107K+ when all was said and done. While I was scanning I would watch as occasionally the number under the Xtras column shifted to the missing column....wondering if the reads are hitting the device so fast there is lag time on processing. Either way it's dumb to read that you're missing 292 but geez you have 1,000 extras in a dept.

Yep expected was 126,000 I had scanned in 138,000 but had 17,000 extra and 10,000 missing so we closed it cause the numbers just made no damn sense. And it still said we did not meet expected accuracy. Glad it wasn't just me having this issue. Cause I had the list of what was phase2 so I just added those areas to my phase1 areas.

And yeah I think the scanner was having issues cause it was beeping but not that smooth beeping you get or even the skip beep when it reads a bunch of tags at a time. This week it seemed to count single items or hundreds and not much in between so it was making some strange noises and it would seem to lag when reading tags and updating what the numbers are. I even swapped the battery cause after a battery swap the gun seems to scan better(think range declines with battery drain) but it was unchanged.

And a tip check your sunglasses, we have found on three different weeks new stuff coming in without tags.

*Numbers are tweaked slightly, just rounded off to nice round numbers.

This was our experience today, with ~10,000 missing and 17,000 extra. That said, every week we have about as many missing as extra, which is all kinds of weird. It's very close to a one-to-one correspondence. "Expected accuracy not met," but our STL has us submit anyway. Every Monday we show as bright green on MyPerformance.

This was our experience today, with ~10,000 missing and 17,000 extra. That said, every week we have about as many missing as extra, which is all kinds of weird. It's very close to a one-to-one correspondence. "Expected accuracy not met," but our STL has us submit anyway. Every Monday we show as bright green on MyPerformance.
Yeah it counts extras towards the score on my performance. I'd probably lose my mind if it didn't and I hate to tryand find everything to get up to the expected goal

I noticed that when scanning intimates, walk by the panty bins and the extra count soared but the missed was about what the extras were..

Does anyone have a charging cord for their MyDevices? If so, please enlighten the rest of us where you got it from and what size it is. Our biggest problem with RFID scanning is not letting the MyDevice hooked up to it die.

I've heard some stores have found the right charging cable for a MyDevice but I can't seem to get a clear answer on what that is.

We made note of our numbers so we could compare to the report in myperformance next week.

I usually take a picture of the closing screen before sending it so we know what our top three areas are and where the numbers ended up...

Does anyone have a charging cord for their MyDevices? If so, please enlighten the rest of us where you got it from and what size it is. Our biggest problem with RFID scanning is not letting the MyDevice hooked up to it die.

I've heard some stores have found the right charging cable for a MyDevice but I can't seem to get a clear answer on what that is.

That part number is listed in the MyDevice thread multiple times.

We don't need it anymore... But you can literally just take the iPod out of the case and get an iPod portable charger

That part number is listed in the MyDevice thread multiple times.

Thank you for that. I went and searched and found it from Hardlines Master:

"Here is the part number for Honeywell charging cable for sl22 sled. CBL-500-120-S00-00. It costs 21.00 to 30.00 depending on where you get it from. Type A connector. Not available on sap. T6 is the screwdriver to remove the case."

Just in case anyone else was curious or wanted to know.

Did you guys have any problem with your reports this week? We made over 100% last week... only to be told we now had 10k more expected items than we did, and our submit time was twelve hours late. Already being mysupported, just curious if it happened elsewhere.

Did you guys have any problem with your reports this week? We made over 100% last week... only to be told we now had 10k more expected items than we did, and our submit time was twelve hours late. Already being mysupported, just curious if it happened elsewhere.
Ours dropped out completely, we got a zero percent.

So, 2 hours into a cycle scan where a solid red error light keeps coming on the zebra and everything refuses to work. A help desk call. Multiple battery changes. Nothing helping. And on my preferred zebra, which has never given me issues.

Ours dropped out completely, we got a zero percent.

Phase 2 is just great so far, huh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We made note of our numbers so we could compare to the report in myperformance next week.
So checked myperformance and our 'expected' number in the mydevice was much lower then the 'expected' number that was reported which made us yellow but the items scanned number was within 1000.

Back