Archived Rigs/research

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to furniture , those that are zip tied etc.

Ah those are for the most part furniture displays that the vendor comes in and builds or you build but are not box stock but display stock. Are missing things like support brackets, springs and things that make the real furniture - those need to go in the bailer.. I saw an idiot ETL sell a chair and it came back a couple days later with a big hole in the middle of it. Cause it had no support structure under it.

Its harder than it looks when capacities are wrong, flow refuses to push correctly so things are in the wrong place and the wrong amount.

Capacity 10 but flow jammed 14 in that spot, total on-hand 15. one in the back. The system won't pull it until it finds those four that are in limbo cause the system WON'T recognize items over capacity. So it does nothing. And we can't convince flow that actually pushing to capacity is kinda important. We are not given time to pull all that overstock so that the system has the correct items in the correct places.

The infant water for a back end cap, that at max could fit a dozen gallon bottles. Capacity was set at 205. It had a dozen on the shelf but at a capacity of 205 how many would have to sell before it would drop on a CAF? More than were on the shelf.
Which is why I have to make sure the new TM don't overstock when I catch them doing asinine things like putting extra on the side or filling up open holes to empty the tub. And yes, I will lower capacity to fix that type problem.

Sometimes changing capacity does not work. I did a store tie with correct counts & got zero on hands, the next day. I was looking at 15 items..

I love it when the My Device says "0 on the floor/ 0 in the back / 2 on hand".... can someone explain to me how 0+0=2? Or does that mean it just came off the truck?

We had an issue once where SL Flow was getting pulls for a million of this one shirt that was not fitting on the table. They kept backstocking it and backroom would turn around and pull it again the next day. Finally found out the capacity said 83 for each size of the shirt. >< I once did a back end cap for men's basics and the capacity said that 360 packages of UW would fit on one peg hook. And if it there were two peg hooks for a size the capacity said 720. Do these ridiculous capacity counts come from HQ? For some reason I don't remember it being this bad prior to them making capacities changeable in store. Maybe I just don't remember...

I love it when the My Device says "0 on the floor/ 0 in the back / 2 on hand".... can someone explain to me how 0+0=2? Or does that mean it just came off the truck?

We had an issue once where SL Flow was getting pulls for a million of this one shirt that was not fitting on the table. They kept backstocking it and backroom would turn around and pull it again the next day. Finally found out the capacity said 83 for each size of the shirt. >< I once did a back end cap for men's basics and the capacity said that 360 packages of UW would fit on one peg hook. And if it there were two peg hooks for a size the capacity said 720. Do these ridiculous capacity counts come from HQ? For some reason I don't remember it being this bad prior to them making capacities changeable in store. Maybe I just don't remember...
You are correct, it never was this bad before they let stores fix capacities. I've run into every situation you described. It is as if the POG department at HQ said "Let's just throw any capacity number in there, it will save us time and they can just fix it at the store level."

At least twice, and probably more like three times, we have had a capacity blitz in Pets, Chems, HBA, and Cosmetics, as well as other areas of the store. It includes the STL, all ETLs, and various TLs and TMs. Take all the hours devoted to this in all the stores and there is no way it would not be more cost effective to just have HQ do it correctly like they used to do.

It's like a HQ staffer, who did POGs and hated calculating capacities, was promoted to the Director of the POG Department and decided to just do away with HQ doing capacities.

At least twice, and probably more like three times, we have had a capacity blitz in Pets, Chems, HBA, and Cosmetics, as well as other areas of the store. It includes the STL, all ETLs, and various TLs and TMs. Take all the hours devoted to this in all the stores and there is no way it would not be more cost effective to just have HQ do it correctly like they used to do.
This is brilliant for huddle. Instocks always has to help out other areas for smart huddle so it would be great to get help in return.

This is brilliant for huddle. Instocks always has to help out other areas for smart huddle so it would be great to get help in return.

That is cute other teams help in stocks. Never happen I got bitched at for 10min cause one day softlines had to push a tub of diapers. That we shot.. We got pulled for another pog project so our stuff sat and got rolled into the cafs so they realized it was ours and I got a coaching for not completing my workload on time. Cause they should NEVER have to push in stocks batches.

When someone locus a Waco, it can cause that as well. If you locu it without restowing it then it'll just kind of go into the abyss for a while. It'll most likely show up on rigs, and then the location in the backroom will most likely come up in the location accuracy report

Is there any possible way to update the on hand counts? I update the count to zero, but it would still say that we have X amount of that item..

Is there any possible way to update the on hand counts? I update the count to zero, but it would still say that we have X amount of that item..
Sorry if this comes across as rude...but you shouldn't be changing on-hand counts unless you are in a workcenter that specifically requires you to do so. In which case, you would get someone in your store to show you and explain the consequences of doing it.

On hands is a bullshit number - pay attention to your on the shelf & in the backroom. Cause way to many times we have to my support an on hand counts that are wrong. Cause you can't just change an on hands count. Have a pallet of mis-picked papertowels? Yeah you will live with those counts for over a month of an empty shelf cause the system will not understand that you telling it you don't have any means you don't have any. It says you do and have not sold any so you don't need any papertowels.

Learn what you are doing before you try screwing with it. Cause that is exactly how on hand counts get fucked up.

Sorry if this comes across as rude...but you shouldn't be changing on-hand counts unless you are in a workcenter that specifically requires you to do so. In which case, you would get someone in your store to show you and explain the consequences of doing it.
My workcenters are Instocks & Backroom...so I have to update stock counts daily

My workcenters are Instocks & Backroom...so I have to update stock counts daily
Ok so did you mean you know how to do it, but it doesn't appear to update the counts right away? It doesn't update instantly, but in my experience it does update within an hour or two unless if hits drastic count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back