Archived RIP SUBT in RF apps

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sad news today. My store fell victim to it and SUBT999 or SUBT9999 is no longer with us. I was deeply furious but not surprised given the stupidity, lack of communication, and the fact that Target is will be the new K-Mart in less than 5 years. Just another thing to make a simple job (backroom) much more difficult than it should be.
Not being able to use SUBT at all in RF apps is going to come back to bite Target on their smelly selfish greedy butt and it hope it does.
SUBT in RF apps, this is for you. You will be deeply missed.

SUBT is completely gone in the RF app? So how does a TM pull something for a guest?

Fantastic. You think they could've switched everything ELSE over to webapps before taking a crucial function out of RFapps?

Go "all apps", hit the down arrow 3 times (at my store anyway). SUBT.

I hate that you have to wait between scanning the item & location because you have to touch the screen now. Before you could just scan the item, hit the proper key, and scan the loc, & enter the qty. the PDA would catch up to you. Now you have to wait for it.

Yeah. It's slower. You would think they'd just put an option in sot that allows you to reset the accumulator.

As bad as the summer 2010 update was, this was one thing it fixed. Breaking and tying pogs updated capacities. Then the system generated pulls based on the new capacities minus what it already "knew" was on the floor (ie. retied salesplanners didn't pull what would fit on a blank endcap...the system only pulled what had hit the trigger. No need to subt9999 except in rare cases where things were just messed up.

Interesting side note: accumulator needs never go away until they are satisfied. For instance, if your accumulator has residual need for a DPCI from last Halloween and we carry that same DPCI this Halloween, that DPCI will keep coming out in pulls until the need has been met through pulls or subt9999. So really, most seasonal transition should be subt9999'd after it has been stocked since most transition product gets staged and never actually sent to the floor in regards to the accumulator.

Don't forget U-update. Can also use up arrow. Needs to be more than one in the location though.

I have a plan we come up with the most insane and completely unworkable idea, we take that idea send it off to the mothership. And all magic like 3 weeks later every store will be told that this insane idea is the latest greatest.

This is going to cause so many problems. I am just going to laugh at the chaos. Just think of all the batches that are going to be huge and rollover. because backroom will be pulling groundhog day back stock in the CAF pulls. If you back stock a tub or tier cart full of shampoo at 130pm, I bet you 50 bucks that you will pull all of it at 2pm. There is no logical explanation on why you would pull 40 different dpci at 2pm of HBO2 on a slow Tuesday. I see a lot of CAF pulls not getting done by the hour mark. Just think how bad inventory will be.

SUBT was still working as of 10am this morning at my store. I'm going to be so pissed when it does go away. It's so fucking ridiculous that RF Apps which works perfectly well is being neutered so people are forced to use the much slower and less efficient web apps.

Enjoy it while you can because Target is doing everything in their power to destroy backroom. FF, having to pull deli, bakery, and produce, taking away SUBT from rf apps, and the epic fail new method of the FDC truck. Way too much stress and too much of a workload for something that should be a piece of cake.

Seriously, this company has some idiotic ideas on the concept of increasing efficiency. The entire web app system is the most unneeded software, and it just reeks of design by committee crap.

Soon. Like I said earlier, enjoy it while you can.

Do you guys think we'll see more and more things drop out of RF apps as we get closer to replacing PDAs with ipod touches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back