Archived Risers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
Is your store allowed to use them this year? If not, how does your backroom seem to be doing with the extra 60% xmas freight headed their way? Were so full that we cannot put anymore freight up, i mean literally there is no more space at all to put anything up and weve got 7 trucks in the forecast for the next month.

We use them at BTC, and have a few strategically placed right now.

We have a few placed sporadically around the store. In regards to the freight, Plano organized the seasonal section as where some of the really large freight looks presentable only being placed on the floor and stacked. Hey throw a Red Bow and bright light on anything really and you should be good!!;)

Shelves at the very top of the gondola where excess overstock can be merchandised. I think they're only ever authorized during Q4. DTLs and above are extremely finicky about them because of their jarring appearance/cheap store feel.

Oh those yea they tacky af

Endcap fill for black Friday only so they are gone and our backroom is bursting to the point we can't backstock anything since there is no fucking room.. But no risers and no containers either.. So vehicles floating unlocated jammed down aisles of the backroom and good luck if you need something.

We have a few strategically placed around the store, but we don't use BR locs for them.

Our seasonal is just crammed in randomly throughout the SEA1, SEA2, SEA3, and HCDY aisles. Casepacks keep expanding into nearby aisles. Location accuracy is completely fucked in wacos because you touch something and stuff falls out/breaks.

@SFSFun what's your guys BRLA? just curious. We're steadily at 97-98. can't seem to get back to 99. I don't know what to blame it on either lol maybe pog/salesfloor pulling. I think it's a number of things out of BRs control honestly.

Last edited:
@SFSFun what's your guys BRLA? just curious. We're steadily at 97-98. can't seem to get back to 99. I don't know what to blame it on either lol maybe pog/salesfloor pulling. I think it's a number of things out of BRs control honestly.
I have no idea tbh. Our current TL doesn't seem to care. He doesn't post the scores, I doubt he looks them up, and he doesn't do the audit or care if it gets done.

We haven't had risers in several years. The backroom toy aisles are packed...surprisingly they just became packed as of today. We have made plans to use the top shelves of other aisles as over flow for toys. One for toy 1,2,3. We were told the toys were not front loaded as they have been in years past. So, that's why there is the influx now. Usually, we are full ( in the backroom) long before black Friday.

I have no idea tbh. Our current TL doesn't seem to care. He doesn't post the scores, I doubt he looks them up, and he doesn't do the audit or care if it gets done.
Interesting. Ive seen ETLs that care about it and those who don't seem to. Our current STL and ETL-log are on the report the first day it drops. Market team destroyed our accuracy, went from 98 to 95 in less than a month.

We just throw pallets in the middle of aisles, its called being scrappy and delightful and having a vision...
I call it welcome to Walmart.

No risers, but our BR is starting to run out of space as well. I attribute a lot of that to the new replenishment system, which keeps the floor minimally full and the BR stuffed.

In case anyone needs to see why Target generally disapproves riser sets... Blegh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back