Archived Salary Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's totally dependent on the market area. I know back in Portland the cap for a pg 7 was something like 11 dollars with starting wage at 9.50.

It's totally dependent on the market area. I know back in Portland the cap for a pg 7 was something like 11 dollars with starting wage at 9.50.

Do you think HR would tell me if I asked?

There shouldn't be an issue in asking since mine told me when I asked out of curiosity. Unless they hate you. And yes, I mean that second sentence, if they dislike you they can easily pull up an argument about how that's confidential information or some garbage.

It seems like that information should be available to you, seeing as the ETLs have to make sure we know about our payscales (i.e. ETL shows you the sheet and says "here's where you are on your payscale, and if you're this high, you can only get a raise with a review score of O or EX" then you sign three times because you don't need it read to you in Spanish or whatever).

Anything related to money appears to be confidential at my store. My HR either does not know the cap, or won't tell. We are also not privy to what raises are available for promotions, because you are supposed to be seeking a position "for the right reasons", not money. Funny, because it is ok for them to do everything for money, but not us...Anyway, when you get a cap (I got mine last year), if you score Excellent on your review, you still get a raise, but it is tiny (mine was the same as a regular TM who got an IE). Otherwise, you get nothing. This could all change though, due to the new review process in which you are either "Amazing" or you're not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back