Archived Salesfloor Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmj958

Salesfloor TL
Does anybody know what the role of a salesfloor team lead should be? I'm curious if anybody is or has been one and what it is you've done.

Hardlinesmaster is correct. A rare combo in my area.

We had a SRTL in this role. We have 2 hardlines, 1 softlines, and a VMTL and she pretty much oversaw them all. Also stepped in to help plano cause our PPTL was on loa for a while.

We have 3 sales floor TLs. One that watches over seasonal/domestics. One covers toys and electronics. The last one has the rest such as HBA and stationary. Then we have 2 soft lines TLs + VML and 2 TLs for food.

At my Store it is to say "Just so you know, <Insert Problem Here>"

I am convinced that whoever gets to say this the most in a single day wins something...

It for some reason is never "Just so you know, <Insert Solved Problem>"

It's a lot of managing execution to meet short and long term goals: figuring out what needs to be done, creating plans, partnering with the right people, putting a team in place and following up.

Short term stuff would be running the floor on a daily basis (figuring out how to shuffle resources in order to accomplish all your goals in the ever-changing daily landscape of a store) or getting all your sales planners done on time. Long term stuff would be fixing broken processes, holding team members accountable, team member development, planning and executing PTM/transitions/roll-outs, creating/implementing/strengthening routines to address opportunities and maintaining relationships with your team, peers and leaders.

Does anybody know what the role of a salesfloor team lead should be? I'm curious if anybody is or has been one and what it is you've done.

You will be responsible for many things like the development of the team and ensuring whatever department you are assigned is running profitably. This could mean anything from sales planners, taking care of PTM, Endcaps, Label Maintenance, Etc...On your assigned closing day you will be responsible for running the hardliners/soft lines process and team to ensure a good closing and it will not be as task oriented as an opening shift where you are in your department.

At my store we have 1 softlines, 1 hardlines(me), 1 vmtl, and 1 pfresh. My main focus is Salesplanners and making sure my electronics team does TNT. My DPOs do the truck, zone, and reshop. My hardlines team closes every night and me and my morning team member do salesplanners.

We only have one salesfloor tl. He is over everything salesfloor and he is a Sr.TL. He covers HL,SL,Electronics and Market.
Yep that is what I do, except I am not a senior. They are looking for a VMTL, as our softlines area looks crapy, but so far they are not having any luck. We are a small store and don't have room for everything they send us and also don't get the payroll to maintain our brand.

My store is only supposed to have one salesfloor TL, but we have two. SL & HL are so different, so we have a TL for each.

This thread makes my store feel huge. We have four hardlines TLs and 2 softlines TLs, with a total of 18 TLs in total.

This thread makes my store feel huge. We have four hardlines TLs and 2 softlines TLs, with a total of 18 TLs in total.

3 hl tl
2 sl tl
signing tl
price tl
plano tl
starbucks tl
vmtl
2 gstl
1 srtl
2 flow tl
2 backroom tl
1 instocks tl

3 hl tl
2 sl tl
signing tl
price tl
plano tl
starbucks tl
vmtl
2 gstl
1 srtl
2 flow tl
2 backroom tl
1 instocks tl

I got scared for a second thinking you were from my store because this was scarily close to my exact breakdown.

We have:
2 gstl
1 fatl
1 ctl
2 hltl
1 sltl
1 vmtl
1 pricing/plano tl
1 srtl pricing/plano/salesfloor
1 srtl backroom
1 srtl flow

My store, mid-volume:

Hardlines TL: 3
Hardlines Sr.TL: 1
Softlines TL: 2
GSTL: 3
Sr.GSTL:1
Plano TL: 1
Backroom TL: 1
Flow Sr. TL: 1
Consumables TL: 1
VMTL: 1
Starbucks TL: 1
PAs: 1 and 1 in training
TPS: 3
APS: 1
GSAs: 3

I'm surprised some stores have a TL for instocks and signing.

Want to feel larger? We have

1 SrTL Salesfloor
1 SrTL Logistics
1 SrTL P&P
1 APTL
1 GSTL
1 SBuxTL
1 FATL

1 ETL HR
1 ETL Logistics
1 ETL Salesfloor/GE

2 Sr Hardlines
2 Softlines
2 GSTL
1 CTL
1 Sr BR
1 Flow
1 Sr PPTL
1 FA TL
1 VML

Want to feel larger? We have

1 SrTL Salesfloor
1 SrTL Logistics
1 SrTL P&P
1 APTL
1 GSTL
1 SBuxTL
1 FATL

1 ETL HR
1 ETL Logistics
1 ETL Salesfloor/GE

LOL, we don't even have FA :eek:.

It all depends on store volume. At my old store I was only in charge of a small peice of the floor (A volume). At my new store, SFTLs are in charge of either all hardlines or all softlines (C volume).

One of my coworkers transferred in from a huge store in CA. He said they had 6 hardlines TLs, and 4 softlines plus a VML. Not to mention he was 1 out of about 12 TPS's lol.

1 HLTL
1 SL SRTL
1 GS SRTL
1 PPTL
1 SBTL
1 FLOW TL
1 BRTL
1 VMTL

1 LOG ETL
1 AP ETL
1 HR ETL
1 SFGE ETL