Archived Salvage

Status
Not open for further replies.
When something is salvaged and somehow it finds itself on the floor and a guest tries to buy it, I heard we cannot sell it even if we use last price sold. The reason being is that if sold for any price Target pays for that item. I don’t understand this.

ASANTS.

At my store, we typically don't allow the sale most of the time. Particularly if it has a sticker on it or is a perishable item. This isn't always the case though. Upper Leadership are NEVER on the same page about anything, and some will allow whatever Karen wants to get her out of the store.

When something is salvaged and somehow it finds itself on the floor and a guest tries to buy it, I heard we cannot sell it even if we use last price sold. The reason being is that if sold for any price Target pays for that item. I don’t understand this.

At that point, if it's just one thing, give it to them. It does come up 0.00. We are EMPOWERED to do what's right for the guest. If we miss it and it's on the floor, not a street dated item for all you smart mouths that will bring that up, what is best for the guest is to give it to them.

Or even more than one thing. Get it out the door.

Last edited:
There’s so much salvage in my store that we probably wouldn’t make sales if we didn’t sell it.

By missed salvage, do you mean an item that my work says is 0.00? Or an item that has a salvage sticker on it but somehow found its way back onto the floor instead of leaving with the rest of the salvage?

If the former, they sell it for last lowest price at my store. If the latter it can't be sold at all.

0.00 - Last Sale Price and get some money out of it.
If it has a Salvage sticker/slip, its already been counted as defective/salvage and can't be sold.

If a guest walked up to me today in the checkout line after waiting in line and the only thing they had was a carton of peeps that had a salvage sticker on it, just give it to them. If they had 156 of them, maybe not. How is it best for the guest to not do that? It's our mistake. Are you going to just take it away and say sorry.

Peeps would have gone to Toss, not Salvage, but that's probably irrelevant.

Peeps would have gone to Toss, not Salvage, but that's probably irrelevant.
Actually they would have went to missed salvage before going to toss (unless overriden) as all HCNDY does!

Just wondering, what's the difference between salvage and CRC?
Salvage items last markdown , or damaged /defective items that you can still salvage it out and sell it . Crc is same but all the damaged /defective items are electrical only ie , lamp, toaster oven etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back