Archived Sanitizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel

Jack of All Trades
Hey all. Opening market for the 2nd time solo tomorrow AM and I have a quick question - How exactly do you fill the sanitizer properly? I'd ask one of the PAs but I'm already home for the day, and the one who came in to close for me last time didn't cover everything. I know it needs to be 200 ppm, and I know where the test strips for that are located. However -

Do I stop the sink drain, turn on sanitizer flow & water, let it fill up some, let foam dissipate, test then fill from the sink? Or just let it run for a min then test from the stream and fill from that?

If the concentration is <200 ppm, how do I raise it? Last time I tried water was almost 100% off and was still getting like 150 ppm.

Thanks

You're not supposed to dip the test strips in the foamy part, because it doesn't give you an accurate reading. Swirl it around a bit to make the foam dissipate, and test it then. The solution should also be at the right temperature as well. I think it's 70-75 degrees... there should be a little chart thing above the sink back in food ave that will say for sure.

If the sanitizer is testing below 200 ppm, then I think you have to call Diversey and let them know. I don't believe there's a way to raise the concentration of the solution.

Don't forget your date sticker either! :)

You actually aren't supposed to swirl it either. Turn on the water and the sanitizer toggle all the way open. Adjust the water temperature to to room temperature (I think it's 70-75). Fill up your bottle. Get a small cup and fill it about halfway. Let the bubbles dissipate. Do not swirl the solution. Immerse the test strip for 10 seconds and compare immediately. Reading should be at 200ppm. If it tests right, put your date sticker on it and into the red tote it goes!

If you have any questions during, your food ave or Starbucks tms should be able to help you out.

Turn on the COLD water tap with the sanitizer toggle open full. Wait until the water turns white before filling the bottle & a small drink cup (SB short cup works well). Wait for the suds to subside before dipping test strip into the cup (10 full seconds). Compare the color to the guide on the strip case.
Temp should be ~70 so only use cold water.

Or just be like me and wait til Food Ave has their sanitizer sink full & go up, make sure the concentration is right and just fill up you bottle by dunking it in the sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back