Archived "Say 'YES' to the guest"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at huddle, we were informed that some of the things we are supposed to do for the guest now includes taking expired coupons, taking coupons without having the correct item or quantity, and the ultimate slap in the face: we are supposed to MAKE ANY PRICE CHANGE THE GUEST WANTS UP TO $100. If they say "the sign said" we aren't even supposed to do a price check or anything, just make the change without even GSA approval. I think this is absolutely a sign that Target is in full desperation.

The main thing I don't understand is why do something like this when most TM's don't even make $100 A DAY?? Just put some more people on the floor, that's how you are going to increase Vibe and fix the problems with the stores, not give away the store for free. Its just throwing money into a hole.

Not looking good for Spot these days.

were at 25 if the item is less than 250, otherwise we send them to the gstl or lod

Today at huddle, we were informed that some of the things we are supposed to do for the guest now includes taking expired coupons, taking coupons without having the correct item or quantity, and the ultimate slap in the face: we are supposed to MAKE ANY PRICE CHANGE THE GUEST WANTS UP TO $100. If they say "the sign said" we aren't even supposed to do a price check or anything, just make the change without even GSA approval. I think this is absolutely a sign that Target is in full desperation.

The main thing I don't understand is why do something like this when most TM's don't even make $100 A DAY?? Just put some more people on the floor, that's how you are going to increase Vibe and fix the problems with the stores, not give away the store for free. Its just throwing money into a hole.

Not looking good for Spot these days.
I am going to your store to get a gopro for half off

Our LOD made an example on a high value item saying that if its 700 and the guest challenges it for 80 bucks to just knock it off without even double checking.

Last edited:
unless I didn't hear the STL I think they said no matter what does not matter how big a difference it is. we will look later. ugh... I cant wait till the summer baby rack ribs come and the guest say it is 2.99 for the whole pack and not 2.99 a lb! come on Target we will lose money in the long run with this total Bull shit! (excuse my language)

We're still at $20, but we're not allowed to say no to anything without the lod's permission. Vibing and having people to give the guest great experiences would make more sense, but when in doubt, give away the store and then cut payroll to make up for it, instead.

I don't remember signing an NDA.
You didn't, but it would still be wise to not let word get out. Otherwise guests will lie about prices to the point that Target loses so much money and they slash payroll even more.

I'm taking advantage of this. I mean, guest can so why not?
Unless you want to find another job, I would not try to take advantage of this.

At our meeting today, our STL told us that we should do everything reasonable to help the guests, but he said specifically that we are not giving the store away. If it sounds outrageous, then it probably is outrageous.

Unless you want to find another job, I would not try to take advantage of this.

At our meeting today, our STL told us that we should do everything reasonable to help the guests, but he said specifically that we are not giving the store away. If it sounds outrageous, then it probably is outrageous.
yea I see your point but when the leadership says "we are not saying no" and "change it to make them happy we will look later" I am getting those 50 dollar shoes for 20 bucks. ;) sigh.. but it isn't worth losing my job to make a point by doing something out of frustration

Update: Huddle never happened. Lol, my executives are so unorganized.
Another update: Huddle happened an hour late. It was just about asking guests to take surveys. Nothing new, same old shit.

Oh, and the huddle lasted 20 minutes. Way to cut down productivity by telling us stuff we already know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back