Archived "Say 'YES' to the guest"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest last night with a bunch of Nivea clearance products that she wanted us to lower to another store's clearance price. Her proof? She just bought them from another store and returned them with us. I just couldn't stomach giving her the lower price so she could commit coupon fraud. So I said no without calling the LOD over.

I just didn't care.

I didnt know this was coupon fraud, I've actually done this before! o_O

Sales floor huddle yesterday. Spot will take back/exchange any Target product for up to a year. Funny thing he couldn't tell me what all the product lines are. Awesome leadership....

Umm, yes buying the product with coupons intending to return them for the cash back for the coupons is fraud. And may someone put a pox on you for doing so.

I actually didnt want to return the item, i just wanted the price difference, and I actually told the person that! I only did it once though, lol. I try to coupon, then usually give up because 1)its confusing 2)more time consuming than i realized and 3) 90% of the time forget them.

Edited to Add: i was told the only way I could do that is return and rebuy. I normally dont bother but it was a $5 and change difference! I can buy 5 items off the dollar menu for that, so yes i did it that one time and i know Mickey D's is horrible but I am lazy when it comes to cooking!

Last edited:
I actually didnt want to return the item, i just wanted the price difference, and I actually told the person that! I only did it once though, lol. I try to coupon, then usually give up because 1)its confusing 2)more time consuming than i realized and 3) 90% of the time forget them.

Well the guest had already bought them at another store with coupons and returned them with us. And had more coupons to do buy them with us and return them again later. I don't care if Spot thinks this is a fantastic business model. Up until two hours ago, I was not putting up with that nonsense.

Well the guest had already bought them at another store with coupons and returned them with us. And had more coupons to do buy them with us and return them again later. I don't care if Spot thinks this is a fantastic business model. Up until two hours ago, I was not putting up with that nonsense.

Oh, i def agree and wish Target would enforce some consequence for return abuse/fraud. Some stores will ban a customer from any returns for 60-90 days. I used to work at Best Buy and thats what we did with consistent repeat offenders. I just didn't know and can see why it is fraud now.

We had a guest come to guest services with a pair of undershirts that were not in the system. The ETL literally asked the guest how much he thought it was worth and then they proceeded to bargain with each other until they came to an agreement. Like who does that!?
well a spoiled customer who does not like being told no and an idiot ETL who kisses the guest's butt.

My ETL-GE gave us the spiel during the huddle tonight. Afterwards, we all thought: Holy. Shit.

And this is why you won't see me jumping on a register. If I were to and saw such scamming, I would void, logout and tell the GSA to take over. I don't want that under my name.

Some things I understand and love the new policy for guests. Buying clothes and they fade, rip too quickly, furniture becoming loose or breaking, but a lot of things I think are crazy.

I hope you don't get in trouble or coached for doing that!

I don't know if this will work for you, but I had contacted the hotline because of all that mess with coupon fraud and redcard fraud (and some other bad practice stuff) which were clearly against corporate policy, and it even says it on target.com that we do not accept expired coupons, etc: http://help.target.com/help/subcategoryarticle?childcat=Coupon+policy&parentcat=Promotions+&+Coupons

After I did that, we "all of sudden" stopped accepting it, but they seem to be doing it again now but I have no idea because I'm far from the front lanes now. All I know is all these selling iPad's like a deck of cards, accepting fraudulent coupons and doing bad practices is gonna bite them in the ass if/when the Federal decides to crack down on it or even the companies because that stuff is ridiculous.

with everything we are doing I wonder how long the current CEO is going to last.... if enough guests get wise to the fact we will always so yes without a fuss I am sure it will eventually bankrupt us!

I don't know if this will work for you, but I had contacted the hotline because of all that mess with coupon fraud and redcard fraud (and some other bad practice stuff) which were clearly against corporate policy, and it even says it on target.com that we do not accept expired coupons, etc: http://help.target.com/help/subcategoryarticle?childcat=Coupon policy&parentcat=Promotions & Coupons

After I did that, we "all of sudden" stopped accepting it, but they seem to be doing it again now but I have no idea because I'm far from the front lanes now. All I know is all these selling iPad's like a deck of cards, accepting fraudulent coupons and doing bad practices is gonna bite them in the ass if/when the Federal decides to crack down on it or even the companies because that stuff is ridiculous.
Ck in with your stl, with your concerns. Mention nothing about calling the hotline.

They said we could discuss our own personal pay, but not the pay practices of the company...that falls under inside information, apparently.

Oh ok, thanks.

Nobody wants to divulge inside info & most people are too embarrassed to divulge how little they are paid. It's hard enough to know how little you make, it would be even worse to admit it out loud anyway. lol

Oh ok, thanks.

Nobody wants to divulge inside info & most people are too embarrassed to divulge how little they are paid. It's hard enough to know how little you make, it would be even worse to admit it out loud anyway. lol

Nah, I would prefer that everyone know how little we make. Then maybe they'll eventually see how much Target is like Walmart.

Nah, I would prefer that everyone know how little we make. Then maybe they'll eventually see how much Target is like Walmart.

I have to wonder how Spot would react to a few of the sit ins like the ones that Walmart has been dealing with.

Today at huddle, we were informed that some of the things we are supposed to do for the guest now includes taking expired coupons, taking coupons without having the correct item or quantity, and the ultimate slap in the face: we are supposed to MAKE ANY PRICE CHANGE THE GUEST WANTS UP TO $100. If they say "the sign said" we aren't even supposed to do a price check or anything, just make the change without even GSA approval. I think this is absolutely a sign that Target is in full desperation.

The main thing I don't understand is why do something like this when most TM's don't even make $100 A DAY?? Just put some more people on the floor, that's how you are going to increase Vibe and fix the problems with the stores, not give away the store for free. Its just throwing money into a hole.

Not looking good for Spot these days.

Well they already throw away enough money as it is from improper food rotation....

Last edited:
Yep literally throwing money down the drain basically you are so spot on. I know they high ranked company but in all seriousness taking expired coupons, bending over backwards they are basically losing more money than making it which eventually means not good for the company. Fun, Fast and Friendly right?? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back