Archived "Say 'YES' to the guest"

Status
Not open for further replies.
in a year or two Id love to see Corp. try to undo this mess they caused. in the long run Target will loose money because of this.

Eventually if they do keep " giving" stuff away which means less sales which means less hours. I mean they got to be losing more than making which means less sales...... I dislike not getting hrs because we aren't making money. When will they listen???

Anybody know where to reload on f*cks to give?
Are they on SAP? Order guide?
Yeah, sorry...I put it on my list of things to order, but since the DC seems to take the order, completely disregard it and send it at their own convenience, we've been out for a while. We've considered borrowing from other stores, but it turns out, without any to give, we can't get anymore!

Anybody know where to reload on f*cks to give?
Are they on SAP? Order guide?
OMG! I'm struggling with this every day! I go back and forth from not caring any more to beating myself up because I am stupid enough to still care. I feel like they are trying to punish those of us who do care. Seems like the leaders don't any more so why should we?

A few months ago, our ETL-AP and TPS said we should deter coupon fraud by making sure the guest is using the correct coupon for the product. However, someone complained about our policy.

Now, My STL told us the only people who are allowed to say "no" to the guest are ETLs or whoever is LOD. We were told that Spot can afford to lose a few dollars because it is a multi-billion dollar company and the that money lost in coupon fraud doesn't make much of an impact. We are to take all coupons because the store gets reimbursed for them in the end. Even if we know the person is committing fraud, we are to accommodate the guest first no matter what and then notify AP of anything suspicious.

Since this change (I'm not going to go into much detail into this incident because it might out me), I have rung up the same twatwaffle because they know I won't/can't give them a hard time about abusing our coupon policy. There are extreme couponers who abide by the rules, but this person has pretty much gotten everything for free by ignoring the fine print.

A few months ago, our ETL-AP and TPS said we should deter coupon fraud by making sure the guest is using the correct coupon for the product. However, someone complained about our policy.

Now, My STL told us the only people who are allowed to say "no" to the guest are ETLs or whoever is LOD. We were told that Spot can afford to lose a few dollars because it is a multi-billion dollar company and the that money lost in coupon fraud doesn't make much of an impact. We are to take all coupons because the store gets reimbursed for them in the end. Even if we know the person is committing fraud, we are to accommodate the guest first no matter what and then notify AP of anything suspicious.

Since this change (I'm not going to go into much detail into this incident because it might out me), I have rung up the same twatwaffle because they know I won't/can't give them a hard time about abusing our coupon policy. There are extreme couponers who abide by the rules, but this person has pretty much gotten everything for free by ignoring the fine print.
For people like that, I give no shits as to what the ETLs/LOD says. The guest (if they're commiting fraud) isn't likely to complain. I have yet to get in trouble for being such a hardass about coupons.

For people like that, I give no shits as to what the ETLs/LOD says. The guest (if they're commiting fraud) isn't likely to complain. I have yet to get in trouble for being such a hardass about coupons.

The problem is, in many areas, the guest is getting the balls to complain. And legitimage or not, they don't want any complaints against us.

My store is backwards sometimes....... One day they'll say no no don't do that and the next they will say yes to the guest. Seriously make up your mind! I am getting a giant headache here....LOL Yes, No, Maybe? Which one is it? Depends on the day I guess.......

I need some advice from you GSTLs out there. I understand the whole if it's under $25 go ahead and change it policy. I tell the team to do it all the time because I hate having to do price checks when everyone is on a lane and the guest is waiting. But today a woman came in and wanted a price change on an item for $7 when it was $14.99. She said it was in a bin and then gave me attitude when I didn't change it right away. I was still scanning her stuff and that's when I knew she was lying because she said "you have to change it when it's under $20". Also I was just in toys, there's no bins over there. So I called a price check and she got all fussy because she was in a rush and then wanted to speak with a manger. She called me a bitch under her breath so I suspended her transaction while I waited for a response from toys. I told her she can either wait or pay for it but she wasn't going to leave right away. The GSTL comes up and overrides it and just shrugged like it was no big deal. I'm okay for honest mistakes but that guest was crossing the line and the fact that my peer didn't have my back makes me so frustrated because that guest will come back and do the same shit again. I just avoided that GSTL all day since I couldn't believe she did that. Oh and guess what? I was right about the price check too. Is this something I should expect all the time now from the front lanes? I back up because I want to support the team but if this is how they're letting the guest treat us why should I back up or make my team do it?

I need some advice from you GSTLs out there. I understand the whole if it's under $25 go ahead and change it policy. I tell the team to do it all the time because I hate having to do price checks when everyone is on a lane and the guest is waiting. But today a woman came in and wanted a price change on an item for $7 when it was $14.99. She said it was in a bin and then gave me attitude when I didn't change it right away. I was still scanning her stuff and that's when I knew she was lying because she said "you have to change it when it's under $20". Also I was just in toys, there's no bins over there. So I called a price check and she got all fussy because she was in a rush and then wanted to speak with a manger. She called me a bitch under her breath so I suspended her transaction while I waited for a response from toys. I told her she can either wait or pay for it but she wasn't going to leave right away. The GSTL comes up and overrides it and just shrugged like it was no big deal. I'm okay for honest mistakes but that guest was crossing the line and the fact that my peer didn't have my back makes me so frustrated because that guest will come back and do the same shit again. I just avoided that GSTL all day since I couldn't believe she did that. Oh and guess what? I was right about the price check too. Is this something I should expect all the time now from the front lanes? I back up because I want to support the team but if this is how they're letting the guest treat us why should I back up or make my team do it?

Probably. It depends on your store and the mood of leadership that week. I have a few GSTLs who will always check prices, and a few who will never check, just change it. But my team's empowerment uses the 20/20 rule for changes without a check. You can knock off 20% or $20, neither of which can exceed the other.
I'll use your example as example 1. Original price: $14. Guest challenges to $7. This challenge would require approval, because while it is less than $20, it's greater than 20%.

Example 2: Original price: $1,000. Guest challenges to $900. This challenge would require approval, because it is less than 20% but greater than $20.

Last example: Original price $100. Guest challenges to $90. This challenge could be done at the register, because it is A) Less than $20, and B) Less than 20% of the original price.

Did you talk to your GSTL after the fact? It sounds like the GSTL wasn't there for the first part of the conversation....especially when the guest commented that you have to change it since it's less than $20. She may have thought it was just a standard price discrepancy. Also, your GSTL probably also has her back up against a wall by the ETL/STL who are telling her to make sure every single guest leaves happy.

If that guest leaves a negative survey, even if she was in the wrong, then your GSTL has to deal with the consequences...not you. And God forbid that guest call guest services to complain...then all hell will break loose.

Yes, the guest will come back and do it again. But corporate apparently doesn't care or wants that sort of business. In the end, you can get worked up over it and stress over $7....or you can let it go, knowing no one above you cares about that money. And honestly, if they don't care, then why should you?

I understand the frustration of knowing the guest is lying and we can do NOTHING about it. However an 8 dollar difference does not seem so bad compared to a guest claiming a 200 dollar vacuum is 60 dollars. All I am saying is pick your battles.

I think you should talk to your GSTL about the conversation prior to the price check, but I agree with RB and thetargetman. Don't stress. That cheat has to sleep with herself and she may pay for her thieving ways in other ways down the road.

Move the decimal left one digit, multiply by two. That's 3rd grade math. Everyone should know how to figure percents. But alas, we all know people who don't seem to have even basic math skills.

My wife taught high school and middle school math.
She was consistently amazed at how varied the math levels her kids would have walking in the door.
Some would have the appropriate level for their age but most varied wildly all the way down to 2nd or 3rd grade.
In most cases it was because they would get behind for any number of reasons and the teachers never had the time or inclination to get them caught up.
Some of them were held back but that is rarely a real solution to the problem.

She was often able to get them caught up but then she had to teach them the current curriculum as well.
And let's not even start on math books using examples that have nothing to do with the kids lives.
Doesn't help your lesson when most of the class have no idea what a toboggan is.

She was often able to get them caught up but then she had to teach them the current curriculum as well.
And let's not even start on math books using examples that have nothing to do with the kids lives.
Doesn't help your lesson when most of the class have no idea what a toboggan is.

Sounds about right. Math and examples are a lot easier to do when you relate to the problem. I can create the equations needed to graph experienced gains over X amount of hours in RuneScape, but when you witch it over to "Create an equation to find out when train A and train B will arrive at the station at the same time" it's basically just "um what"

Sounds about right. Math and examples are a lot easier to do when you relate to the problem. I can create the equations needed to graph experienced gains over X amount of hours in RuneScape, but when you witch it over to "Create an equation to find out when train A and train B will arrive at the station at the same time" it's basically just "um what"

Exactly, she would write her own using restaurant menus because so many worked or had family in food service, making them figure out tips, taxes, etc.
She never did it but she kept threatening to do ones based on selling weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back