Archived "Say 'YES' to the guest"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope guests who browse this site don't see this... Might not be such a great idea to talk about.

Don't worry - customers will spread news of this desperate sales practice by word of mouth to all their neighbors, friends & relatives.

OP, do you work at a store that struggles to make sales? They might be afraid of closing and are taking desperate measures to sell more and keep guests happy.

Yep. Always call someone over if it seems too good to be true. For me, "reasonable" is the 20/20 rule, I take up to 20% but never more than $20 off a price without GSTL approval on a checklane. If it's electronics, I always ask the guest to walk me over there so I see for myself and make the call (and let the GSTL know after). But even if I go and see the item in electronics I use the 20/50 rule, up to 20%, but never more than $50 without supervisor approval even if it was warranted.

Yep. Right after the whole Walmart pay debacle corporate put out this and specifically mentions not discussing our pay. Quite the coincidence, I tell you.

That 2 question quiz on the computers? No one in my store read the guide thing in the beginning. Idk what it was about. I think the questions were who can you go to for x information... And something about the integrity hotline, I think lol. Oooops. I probably should've read that

I dunno. We did ours at huddle...so they read it to us and had us take the quiz as a group.

Okay, my store is saying the same thing...except the "change it at any cost!" bit. Ours is change it within reason...if it's too big of a difference call GSA/GSTL over. We've started doing price checks again. If it's our bad, we give it to them. Otherwise, no. I would be completely dumbstruck if they said do it no matter what.

I had a guest last night with a bunch of Nivea clearance products that she wanted us to lower to another store's clearance price. Her proof? She just bought them from another store and returned them with us. I just couldn't stomach giving her the lower price so she could commit coupon fraud. So I said no without calling the LOD over.

I just didn't care.

My GSTL and ETL-AP told me to not allow HBA returns without a receipt. Okay, this just directly contradicts what the STL told me personally, but OKAY. Communication in my store is horrid and we're so top heavy... I get three or four "bosses" that tell me four different items that contradict each other....

My GSTL and ETL-AP told me to not allow HBA returns without a receipt. Okay, this just directly contradicts what the STL told me personally, but OKAY. Communication in my store is horrid and we're so top heavy... I get three or four "bosses" that tell me four different items that contradict each other....

My store has this problem too. The way I usually decide what to do is:
First step, TL out of my area
Second step, TL in my area
Third step, Any ETL
Fourth step, ETL of my area
Fifth step, STL and ETL-AP

A step can only be overridden by someone of a higher step, so if my TL tells me to do something and then the BRTL tells me not to, my TL prevails and if the other person has a problem they can take it up with my TL/ETL or the person who gave the direction.

My store has this problem too. The way I usually decide what to do is:
First step, TL out of my area
Second step, TL in my area
Third step, Any ETL
Fourth step, ETL of my area
Fifth step, STL and ETL-AP

A step can only be overridden by someone of a higher step, so if my TL tells me to do something and then the BRTL tells me not to, my TL prevails and if the other person has a problem they can take it up with my TL/ETL or the person who gave the direction.
That's also dependent on the area in question. If I'm a SFTM, and the SFTL tells me to do something in the BR and the BRTL says don't, I'd listen to the BRTL first.

Yep. Right after the whole Walmart pay debacle corporate put out this and specifically mentions not discussing our pay. Quite the coincidence, I tell you.

"not discussing our pay?"

What exactly does that mean? No discussing your pay while you are on the clock? Never divulging your pay under any circumstances?

Is it even legal for a company to forbid employees to share this info?

"not discussing our pay?"

What exactly does that mean? No discussing your pay while you are on the clock? Never divulging your pay under any circumstances?

Is it even legal for a company to forbid employees to share this info?
They said we could discuss our own personal pay, but not the pay practices of the company...that falls under inside information, apparently.

Today when I was talking to my GSTL I was asking her what the rules are and she told me "just change it" so I asked what if a guest claims an x box is $1.... she told me well change it.... but get a description and tell the ETL-AP. I was horrified by that bullshit... oh well Target does not pay me for my opinions.

Today when I was talking to my GSTL I was asking her what the rules are and she told me "just change it" so I asked what if a guest claims an x box is $1.... she told me well change it.... but get a description and tell the ETL-AP. I was horrified by that bullshit... oh well Target does not pay me for my opinions.
Can I come to your store? I'd like to get an Xbox One for pocket change...

Where's ur store, I'm on my way

Free Xboxes here! Get your free Xboxes! Priced to move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back