Archived Saying "Goodbye, farewell!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in my notice for my last day to be on the 26th. I was offered a full time job in a different field and am nervous and excited about switching from part timer to full timer. While Target offered me opportunities to work more hours, and I didn't have any issues with any of my leadership. I have decided to leave. I have done a lot of waffling between staying and turning down the full time job and working another part time job. Accepting the full time job and seeing if my store would let me stay one just one night on the weekend. But ultimately, I decided to just focus on the new job and see how that goes.

Finding the link to submit my resignation was a pain the you know what though. Wow.
Also is it crappy of me to submit my resignation before talking to my leads? I don't get to see them all that much with them working days and me in the evenings. So I did tell the closing TL that night when I submitted my resignation.

Not entirely crappy, but they're going to wish you would have talked to them first.

When I did my resignation, I was generally friendly with my TL, connected with everyone, and I still told no one. It took them by a huge surprise and while they didn't take it bad, they did have the sentiment that if I ever had any problems or concerns I should talk to them. I really miss my old team, but at my new job my team is pretty cool, too. Nothing like my Target team. Might visit them tomorrow when I'm back in town. I resigned because I was moving 40 minutes away, I hate commutes, didn't 100% feel like transferring to the Target here. Long story short, I moved out without a job, went jobless for four weeks, found a job at retail on steroids(Costco), and life is good again.

latest

I just put in my 2 weeks today too. I would have considered staying but they would have to offer me a major increase in pay and hours. My new jobs is 5 blocks from where I live, pays a couple dollars more per hour, and is full time. Oh, and is less stressful. When I told my TL their reaction was pretty much "oh shit, one of my best TMs is leaving. How am I going to survive BTS and the rest of modernization"

I put in my notice for my last day to be on the 26th. I was offered a full time job in a different field and am nervous and excited about switching from part timer to full timer. While Target offered me opportunities to work more hours, and I didn't have any issues with any of my leadership. I have decided to leave. I have done a lot of waffling between staying and turning down the full time job and working another part time job. Accepting the full time job and seeing if my store would let me stay one just one night on the weekend. But ultimately, I decided to just focus on the new job and see how that goes.

Finding the link to submit my resignation was a pain the you know what though. Wow.
Also is it crappy of me to submit my resignation before talking to my leads? I don't get to see them all that much with them working days and me in the evenings. So I did tell the closing TL that night when I submitted my resignation.
Don't forget about vacation or sick leave.
How to quit on workday:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Thanks
Yetive

Don't forget about vacation or sick leave.
How to quit on workday:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Thanks
Yetive
Do you know if anyone at the store level reviews the exit survey or is it just corporate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back