Archived Schedule is a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly just a vent...I was out of state on vacation not thinking about my full time
job or spot. I knew I wasn’t on the schedule and would check it when I came back.

Of course it’s a mess. 2 different times I’m scheduled for 2 departments at the same time (plus one of the departments shows up twice...). Normally I let them know about scheduling mistakes ASAP but I just found out and can’t go in to the store or call until this evening.

Also what’s consumables? I’m scheduled for that but I’ve never been trained nor do I really want to be....

Ugh...they’ve sent me over to help when a truck was late. I find it exhausting. I wonder what made them schedule me there...

Probably didn't have anyone else or maybe they thought you did a great job when they sent you over there to help out. When I was a HR TM and didn't have much to do for the day, I was sent all over the store. I actually enjoyed consumables. I am always hot, so working by the coolers and freezers felt good lol.

Of course it’s a mess. 2 different times I’m scheduled for 2 departments at the same time (plus one of the departments shows up twice...). Normally I let them know about scheduling mistakes ASAP but I just found out and can’t go in to the store or call until this evening.
Are you talking about the online schedule? It does weird things sometimes when you're scheduled in multiple areas (like show the same shift 5 times on the same day), but it's still not too difficult to read.

Are you talking about the online schedule? It does weird things sometimes when you're scheduled in multiple areas (like show the same shift 5 times on the same day), but it's still not too difficult to read.
I can read it but I don’t know why they scheduled me in two areas simultaneously. I can’t be a cashier and in grocery at the same time... :)

Ok the schedule on the wall makes sense...still annoying that I was scheduled in an area I’m not trained in nor do I want to be...can’t wait to be trained in guest service. I was told I would be as soon as hours went up. That and cashiering are really want I want to do...if they keep up with grocery I’ll probably quit

Ok the schedule on the wall makes sense...still annoying that I was scheduled in an area I’m not trained in nor do I want to be...can’t wait to be trained in guest service. I was told I would be as soon as hours went up. That and cashiering are really want I want to do...if they keep up with grocery I’ll probably quit

I would too.

Sounds like your store is treating you the same way you treat it. Second rate to your main job
I disagree. They are trying to give me as many hours as they can. They often ask me to do extra side stuff because they know it will get done. I haven’t had time yet to discuss this issue (schedule came out while I was on vacation and I’ve only worked twice since). I work hard at any task they give me. I am helpful and curteous to guests and staff. But at the end of they day my full time job is what brings me joy, confidence, helps me to grow professionally and personally and affords me the opportunity to learn a lot. Spot is a great PT job but I only have so much time, energy and strength. If it’s not at all enjoyable then I have to re-examine my priorities and its likely I would leave

So now I’m being scheduled for 1 hour of cashiering and 3 zoning grocery. In the past it was 1 hr and half and then 2 and half. I took my break an hour and 15 min because they wanted it to come off cashiering. I’m getting frustrated because they tell me I have to take my break before zoning. So I’m supposed to take my break 45 minutes in to my 4 hour shift? That’s insane...

My state doesn’t require any breaks so I have nothing to stand on other than no one else in the store takes their breaks that early

My state doesn’t require any breaks so I have nothing to stand on other than no one else in the store takes their breaks that early
I'm n a 5hr state. My tl tried to get me to go to lunch the hrs into our shift, because it was a convenient break. I almost lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back