Archived Scheduled against availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start school again in two weeks. Last week I finalized my class schedule in order for me to submit my new availability pattern in time, which I submitted in time in order for my new schedule to take effect the week I started school.

Today I viewed the schedule looking to see how it was different - only to find I was scheduled against my availability on the two nights I have a class (and to top it off I wasn't scheduled on a day I don't have the night class).

How could this happen? Is this just a mistake made by whoever makes the schedule? I plan to call our ETL-HR tomorrow if she is available and get this sorted out ASAP.

Any other tips? Leave it for people to cover?

Did you verify that your availability change was indeed approved before the new schedule was starting to be created? If it was approved, you can go to your ETL-HR and inform them of the goof. They will most likely have you put those shifts on the swap shift board. Additionally, notate the day and time when you talked with your ETL-HR about the conflict. It should not be counted against you if you had your changes approved.

I know when I submitted my availability change recently that it was actually effective about 4 weeks from being submitted.

Same thing happened to me. I was questioned on if I had changed my availability (about 3 weeks ago I did thank you very much) and my HR person double checked and saw my availability (that THEY approved) and said since it was their fault, they will fix it (hopefully) today.

Did you verify that your availability change was indeed approved before the new schedule was starting to be created? If it was approved, you can go to your ETL-HR and inform them of the goof. They will most likely have you put those shifts on the swap shift board. Additionally, notate the day and time when you talked with your ETL-HR about the conflict. It should not be counted against you if you had your changes approved.

Yes. I submitted Tuesday, with the request approved on Thursday for the schedule effective August 25.

You have to talk to them.
Sit down with the ETL HR, explain what happened and do your best to get the shifts covered.
They screwed up but telling us isn't going to fix it.
They might have done it on purpose but the best reality is they just made a mistake or didn't get the changes.

Which means it shouldn't be on us to get the shifts covered. Just happened to me too. The past few weeks my schedule has been inside the availability that starts on the 25th, but now they wanna schedule me outside that week.

They informed me that since it was their mistake, they would fix it. Of course the person who made the schedule was off yesterday and the other HR person refused to touch the schedule since they didn't make it...so now stuck waiting.

This happened to me one time, and even though I told my HR TL three or four times that the shift was outside of my availability (which had not been changed at all for several months), she -surprise- forgot to delete the shift and I was marked NCNS. The whole thing got fixed after the fact.

Basically after getting told to talk to the other HR person on Friday by one HR person, I talked to the STL Saturday (along with many other people with similar issues). She swapped my one shift and adjusted the other. The whole time she was ready to kill our ETL HR and the other person who does the schedules. It was quite amusing. Times like those when I love my STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back