Archived Scheduled as GSA... I'm only a cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I piggybacked onto this thread, I had a very frank conversation with my Leader. Agreed to step up temporarily to help through a Q4 crisis (which I don't mind doing, honestly). I told him about my issues with the position at the other store. I told him if they expected me to agree to continue come January that there were gaps in my training/development I expected to have filled--then handed over a copy of the list. (The original lives in my Dropbox.) One of my questions was, "Where do we go from here?" aka, I will not be stuck in that position forever. So next convo is with STL re: the bench.

Bottom line, my primary gig is taking an economic hit. I drive cars into the ground, and mine is nearing it. At the end of the day, I need the cash now,. Here was an opportunity, now. The dream job? No, but the bills don't care. This is why I avoid the word "never."

My point: I told my Leader out of the gate I was going to be completely transparent, even if that meant being completely blunt. I know how to use business-speak, and did so, but he also knew I meant business when we walked out of that office.

Whatever you decide, @Amaylyn, be up front and stand your ground.

Last edited:
Fancy new title, no extra pay, great deal for Tar-Zhay.🙄
I just don’t understand this. I wouldn’t be a GSTL right now if back when I was a GSA I was offered no pay raise. I was an underpaid GSTL for a long ass time as it is..

What’s even more funny is that TL base pay went up by a dollar so spot is making the rich, richer and the poor... poorer.

Closed mouths don’t get feed. Speak up so they can help you. They are most likely completely unaware on how this impacts you.
Since I piggybacked...

Whatever you decide, @Amaylyn, be up front and stand your ground.

I sat down with my GSTL and explained what was happening. She insists she needs me, and I can't say no to her (she's adorable), so we compromised on short GSA shifts ONLY if absolutely necessary and I'll cover/support during the busiest times. I'm just happy it won't go any further after Christmas and I can go back to working the registers.

Y'all. A GSA called out this morning so I had to hold down the fort from 10a-5p when the next GSA got out of the CO (I can't do cash office because, once again, I'm just a cashier). Someone made one of my new cashiers cry... and it absolutely broke my heart.

One real GSA and two LODs are well-known Yes-Men here... especially if the guest is a young, pretty female. :rolleyes:
I love denying young, pretty females stuff. It's like being a traffic cop and you make it a point to give the "I swear I wasn't speeding, officer" girls all kinds of tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back