Archived Scheduled up for 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure what's going on at my DC. We've been scheduled up about 90% of the time since this past fall season. Packers have been scheduled up every week and double scheduled up about half the time. They didn't hire anyone for the entire time and finally brought on new hires 2 weeks ago. Now we're hearing rumors that next month we'll probably be scheduled up again. In my 5+ years here it's never been like this, is it super busy at the other DC's or is it just ours? The incompetence at the management level seems to be out of control at this point. At one point we had mandatory 2 day scheduled up weeks even on weeks where we had our off weekends (B shifts) I didn't even know that was a thing.

giphy.gif

At least where I'm at, it's been business as usual, if only slightly busier than in the past. The last time any dept. had mando +2 was a loooong time ago. Certainly before I got to the DC.

It has been super busy for us too...those UDC's coming online strained us. While we've probably had 6 weeks of scheduled up in the last 6 months, usually it has enough people signed up for overtime to minimize the use of mandatory. Luckily we are in a calm now before the fall season storm hits hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back