Archived Seasonal reshop is out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you selling stuff out of hanger bins? I seen a nearby store selling the pails from two cages at Halloween . I always found this the easiest time to do seasonal go backs, either let the guest shop from them or just put them on some of the empty shelves back there , everything will be gone in a few days anyway.

wow we really don't have anything left in christmas seasonal maybe 2 aisles full of stuffed animals .. that darn 2015 bear for$ 7.49 down from $ 29.99

The average for us per night is 9 carts, we have 2 carts over by the price scanners in seasonal because its gotten so bad with the endcaps filling up with seasonal reshop >.<.

It's been reshop crazy at my store too always a good 5 or so for seasonal on top of the other 20 for the rest of the store. I feel your pain!

On my break now. Knocked about 7 carts out of the way and it's starting to get busy now, and I'm running out of space to put everything

I'm slowly dying.

At this point, our STL just has us shove the carts back there. For those deals, the guests can work for them a little.

Last edited:
People still have Christmas stuff left? We have maybe two 4 foot sections along the back wall left, and that's mostly the advent calendars and some decorations. We're pretty much out of everything else.

We end every night with next to no no reshop. Even 4th quarter.

We aren't doing ours... It just marked down to 70 today and most of it is in the 15 carts we have or on our sporting goods endcap with the price scanner...

Okay, I get that seasonal reshop can be a hassle.

But seriously, why is your leadership okay with just leaving it in carts parked back there? That is so tacky and counterproductive to driving sales. That's just laziness. They need to come up with a game plan to get those returns worked out and then never get that far behind again. This is a total leadership failure.

That's unbelievable. There were a couple nights that we had 43 carts of reshop. They were sorted into specific sections, but still, 43.

What is this "sorted" you speak of? At my store, most 4th quarter nights we had 25ish overflowing carts of strays. Why? Because they were so badly sorted that nobody would take them and when they did, it would take an entire shift to do one cart. I found no less than eight softlines items in one cart of "electronics" strays.

Wish my STL would let us leave the re shop in carts... 20+ a night and we still have tons of christmas product. We couldnt even set mini seasonal because we had so much candy on the floor. We emptied the backroom weeks ago but it just doesnt sell here :(.
We just threw it up on shelves by % off no time to sort anything.

Wish my STL would let us leave the re shop in carts... 20+ a night and we still have tons of christmas product. We couldnt even set mini seasonal because we had so much candy on the floor. We emptied the backroom weeks ago but it just doesnt sell here :(.
We just threw it up on shelves by % off no time to sort anything.

Doesn't sell because it isn't clearanced enough! Once candy gets to a buck a bag, it will move.

Okay, I get that seasonal reshop can be a hassle.

But seriously, why is your leadership okay with just leaving it in carts parked back there? That is so tacky and counterproductive to driving sales. That's just laziness. They need to come up with a game plan to get those returns worked out and then never get that far behind again. This is a total leadership failure.
They do the same thing at my store. About 6 carts of reshop "fanned out" in seasonal. Very unorganized leadership. As of Friday, we still had seasonal in the backroom.

My store has left anywhere from 50 to 100 carts every night for the last few weeks. Mostly seasonal, toys, electronics, and softlines. I would be so happy to walk into anything 20 or below lol.

with new years eve and new years day being relatively slow , reshop should be down to a bare minimum

If you have 100 carts full of reshop, what are the guests using when they shop?

Our store has tons of carts. I don't know how each store is allotted carts, so maybe it's because we're very high volume or maybe it's another reason. The only times we've ever had a problem were Black Friday and Christmas Eve. We had ETLs yelling over the walkie that as soon as we finished a cart of reshop we had to take the empty carts to the front immediately.

with new years eve and new years day being relatively slow , reshop should be down to a bare minimum

Our store was still very busy. Not to mention the insane amount of call outs. I'm so glad I was off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back