Archived Second Opinons at Target??

Status
Not open for further replies.

obx

Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
49
If you apply for a position, and you don't get interviewd, because they feel like there will not be a person in your place. Can they deny you and blame it on another reason? If they do can you as a LOD/ETL for a second opinion? Or call the hotline?
 

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
17,764
If you apply for a position, and you don't get interviewd, because they feel like there will not be a person in your place. Can they deny you and blame it on another reason? If they do can you as a LOD/ETL for a second opinion? Or call the hotline?

On promotions I wouldn't call the hotline unless it was for racial or sexism reasons.
On the other you'll need to make sure you train someone to replace you and try again.
Sucks I know but at least that way you'll be sure.
 

obx

Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
49
I know thats the reason. They have said the same thing to 4 people in the store already...
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2011
Messages
579
That's not the real reason. The real reason is they do not see the people being a good fit position new position. They are either bad at giving direct and honest feedback or don't view it as being worth their time.
 

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
549
If you apply for a position, and you don't get interviewd, because they feel like there will not be a person in your place. Can they deny you and blame it on another reason? If they do can you as a LOD/ETL for a second opinion? Or call the hotline?

i was recently in a similar situation like this. i had someone trained for my current position and i was already trained for the position i wanted, and instead they gave it to someone who wasn't trained, and pulled them into this position. and to fill this persons old position, they went as far as hiring someone. it was a really dumb move and this current ETL has been coached for taking things to far.

i guess the most you can do is express your concern to your TL, ETL, or STL, this also happened to my friend at work with the same ETL
 

NOP

Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
366
Whoever applied and did not get an interview had no chance anyway. Move on from it.


What Stupid Rules said. We had a position in our store (this actually happened twice). Had 11 people apply for one, and 5 for the other time. They did interviews for a select few to give them the "interview experience". Was stupid though, because the person that they had picked out for the position was already off training at another store for that position before interviews started and during interviews. The second time around, they interviewed everybody so it wouldn't be a repeat of the drama (but they already decided who they wanted for that position).

With Target, unless you're groomed for a position or have been approached about applying for it, don't count on getting it. My experience has been that everybody's been pre-selected.
 
Last edited:

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
17,764
What Stupid Rules said. We had a position in our store (this actually happened twice). Had 11 people apply for one, and 5 for the other time. They did interviews for a select few to give them the "interview experience". Was stupid though, because the person that they had picked out for the position was already off training at another store for that position before interviews started and during interviews. The second time around, they interviewed everybody so it wouldn't be a repeat of the drama (but they already decided who they wanted for that position).

With Target, unless you're groomed for a position or have been approached about applying for it, don't count on getting it. My experience has been that everybody's been pre-selected.

I'd say that 80% of the time this is exactly the case, the other 20% they might have it down to 2 people.
 

NOP

Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
366
I'd say that 80% of the time this is exactly the case, the other 20% they might have it down to 2 people.

I also wanted to add, this applies to non-TL positions as well...mostly the old "specialist" positions, mmb, gsa, cash office, receiving, signing, etc.

I had to interview for my signing position, but it was more of a formality, I already had the position because the STL, ETL-HL, and the TL all wanted me.

It's all about having the support of the key people who oversee you.
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
7,385
I also wanted to add, this applies to non-TL positions as well...mostly the old "specialist" positions, mmb, gsa, cash office, receiving, signing, etc.

I had to interview for my signing position, but it was more of a formality, I already had the position because the STL, ETL-HL, and the TL all wanted me.

It's all about having the support of the key people who oversee you.

It sort of makes sense. Even as a new cashier, I'm already being talked to about if I would rather work into a TL position or GSA. They are talking about giving me stuff to stretch my leadership and the like (whatever that means). So if they identify someone they like, they shouldn't really wait until the interview to start developing the person's strengths. That wouldn't work well for the company or the person in the new position.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top