Archived Senior HR TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to Target, hired on as Senior HR Team Leader.

How many hours a week can I expect?

Any tips/tricks for the position?

I’ve read a lot of different threads and found some great info!!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!

I can't answer the rest but at least 40. No over time is allowed.

Thanks for the help!

If you were hired as a team leader paid hourly then you will only be working 40 hours.

Tip #1-You can't be anyone's friend. The moment you do, you will be burned. This doesn't mean you can't be friendly but you can't do any favors and have to treat all equally.
Tip#2-The ETLs will push you around since you are below them in title ranking. This is hard on you when your title falls below them yet your metrics are based on how well their teams do. You will need to be firm with ETLs but know they will see you as a TL and not as an ETL. Ask for your STL support ahead of time and let him/her know you need it from day 1.
Tip#3-Manage your time well. Employee issues can take 40+ hours but you only have 40 hours. Learn how to divide your time between hearing employee concerns and your required tasks of hiring, succession planning, etc.
Tip#4- Whatever you do, observe first, then execute. This could apply to all the ETLs/STLs, etc that I have seen come and go.
Tip #5-A personal tip- Don't stay in your office 24/7. Most people here will state it is because you need to be accessible so employees can know you...for me, I am telling you because I have seen my share of HRs put on a ton of weight. Sitting at a desk, looking at metrics and problem solving issues while drinking a latte is not good for you. Just a FYI.

view the ETL’s as your peers - most effective way to get things done. They technically are “higher ranking” but you don’t report to them. Also this job requires you to operate at an ETL level but within 40 hours.

Leverage your peers at other stores! Call them, reach out, ask them questions. Plus district leaders love peer connections

Welcome! :)

Around 40 hours.

- Build a good relationship with your HRTM. Your workload will be very stressful, especially with a limited amount of hours. Your HRTM(s) is your right hand person.

- Outlook is your friend. People are going to claim that you didn't communicate or provide them something. When you utilize e-mails and calendar invites, you have proof to back you up. (Make sure that you create folders to file your e-mails into. They will be deleted if you keep them in your inbox.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back