Archived Senior Team Lead Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire

ETL-SF
Hey guys! My interview for Sr TL is coming up later this month. For those that have done the interview, any tips you can share? Specifically how it differs from a TL interview? I'm assuming my answers should be higher in scope, complexity and effort than my TL interview answers as I'll be answering having been a leader rather than having been a team member.

I've read the TL interview threads here and have the interview questions from my TL interview, but they're the old packets so I know they won't be the same. but I think they give me a rough idea of what to expect. If anyone has anything that could be helpful, I'd appreciate the input.

From glass door, almost like an etl interview:

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about a time you have great guest experience.
    Q: ...made a mistake with significant impact.
    Q: ... had a difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship.
    Q: ...leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something.
    Q: ...had to deliver constructive feedback.
    Q: ...had to take initiative to solve a problem.
    Q: ...had to consult others on a decision that would affect them.
    Q: ...had to change your day-to-day activities due to a long-term goal.
    Q: ...remained optimistic in the face of difficulties.
    Q: ...gave up a commitment to satisfy another.
    Q: ...received feedback that you weren't expected and how you handled it.
Don't forget to listen too!

Be confident. The first time I went through it I wasn't very confident and it ruined the whole interview. The second time I went in there like I was already doing the job and it went much better. Use higher scope examples and don't just focus on the workcenter you are in. Focus on the total store and how whatever you did impacted the store as a whole. At the end my DTL asked if I had any questions for him and I had a good one lined up. I practiced my answers for weeks before my DTL interview, on the way to work, home from work, if I was driving anywhere I'd ask myself a question and answer it. It really helped me get my answers nailed down. Just make sure you are confident and you know your stuff. :)

Also, I know that they have changed the question since I went through interviews so I am no help with the actual questions.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Here in region 100 its all about your story.

• Nail your intro for example; My name is John Smith. I have a degree from Harvard in Education. I've been with the company for 5 years. I started as a team member and have worked my way up to team lead. In that time I've worked in multiple work centers but currently I am over Consumables and Pfresh. I'm really proud right now of our store sales. We are up 6% year to date and our service scores have been steadily green for the last few weeks. My strengths are Drives for Results and Managing Execution. My opportunity is engaging and inspiring others. Outside of work I really like playing in my rec baseball league. We are killing it this season and might even hit the play offs.
  • Know your numbers. Every DTL is different, some will ask you every number in the book from sales, to surveys, to top and bottom departments. Others wont even ask you a single question. Know them anyways.
  • Make sure you have you 6ish scenarios polished. Adapt them on the fly and focus on the Situation-Behavior-Outcome timeline. Don't jump around. Keep them to around 90 seconds each.
  • As someone else said be confident. You should have your ETL/STL buy-in and that alone should help you get through the process. No STL wants to send someone to an interview and have them fail, they all want that plaque in their office that says they manage talent for the district.
  • These are the most recent ETL questions. Obviously they are a little above you, but as a SrTL you are essentially an ETL and will deal with the same floor situations as they do.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    818.2 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    901.4 KB · Views: 151
just smile a lot be fff.....know your area.....speak on vibe, red cards, and flexible fulfillment if you guys have it...those are primarily the focuses.

strengths_and_weaknesses.png

This should work.

My name is John Smith. I have a degree from Harvard in Education. I've been with the company for 5 years. I started as a team member and have worked my way up to team lead.
WHY HAVEN'T THEY MADE JOHN SMITH AN ETL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back