Archived Senior Team Lead Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me an approximation of how long I'll be training to be a Sr. TL? I'm currently a TM getting promoted and I'm a little nervous as I've only been at Spot for a little over a year. Just wondering how long my training will be as I'm hoping it's enough time to feel comfortable in my new role. I'll be training at my current store.

Thanks in advance :)

From another thread:
Go for it if that's what you want. Just be prepared in case they decide that they want someone with more experience with Target. Being a Sr. TL means taking LOD shifts, and that is a lot of trust to give someone who has one been working there for a month.
Also jumping from TM to Sr. TL might be a huge responsibility shock. Depending on your work center, you will be expected to handle all of the tasks expected of a Team Lead. But being a Senior, you will be expected to do everything that a regular TL can do in 40 hours with only around 22 hours, since the remaining 18 will likely be LOD shifts.
Firefox, Dec 16, 2015

From another thread:
How each stores leaders work together can make a HUGE difference to the same position. When I started as a SrTL I had a good relationship with my STL and ETLs, and loved coming to work, got satisfaction out of good results/execution, and loved working with my team. Now only one of those ETLs remains and with all the new leaders that are brand new to Target, our new STL who has absolutely killed moral at the store, with all the additions like SFS, Flex Fill, plus the Holidays its been a living hell quite honestly haha. Especially because I'm having to do so many LOD shifts plus assist new ETLs that are technically a position higher than me, and it takes away even more time from my work center.

Basically, if your leaders work well together and your stores overall moral is good then you should really enjoy the SrTL position. Cross training is a great way to help your overall understanding of the store. Also, show that you're interesting in bigger things than zone/reshop. Ask about sales goals, which areas are struggling and how you can help improve them. If you show you're wanting to do bigger things at the store level it will definitely get noticed. You'd be surprised how many people will put in their 2 weeks, and comment that they felt that they didn't have a chance at a higher position, but never expressed interest and just did the bare essentials
Thanks
@scbman 12-22-2015

Congrats! Roughly about 3 months or less. It appears you are on a fast track for success:)
Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better! And thank you for all the helpful info. I am very global and have experience in a lot of areas and processes, except for backroom. Still nervous, as is to be expected, but looking forward to it :)

Training? I think I got a day, maybe two. TL training took 9 shifts, although that probably would've been 3 or 4 if it wasn't Starbucks.
Lol my senior TL training was like a day. I got thrown into a closing shift with very little training.
My TL training for my first role was 2 weeks and then for my second position it was 2 weeks but I spent like 3 shifts doing computer work.

Can someone give me an approximation of how long I'll be training to be a Sr. TL? I'm currently a TM getting promoted and I'm a little nervous as I've only been at Spot for a little over a year. Just wondering how long my training will be as I'm hoping it's enough time to feel comfortable in my new role. I'll be training at my current store.

Thanks in advance :)
From TM to Sr TL?! wow... congrats!

I went from food ave. TL to Hardlines TL...I made it through 4th quarter and have yet to get sent out for training. I would still like them to send me for a few days but things are starting to click!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back