Sexual Orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay but real talk why is that the people who you need to be told their pronouns never have them visible but every person that uses pronounds that clearly align with their ouward visual appearance feels the need to state them?

I chuckle like crazy when the most basic karen has she/her in her email signature. Like yeah, noone was going to mistake that.

Most trans etc. people I have spoken to much prefer you just actually ask them if you arent sure. Its sort of this wierd cissplaining coproate thing to give pronouns in advance imo.

Last edited:
Hey, hi, hello.
Let's keep this polite and grown up please.

I post my pronouns in Zoom and emails because we work with trans folx and it's just a way to make sure they are comfortable doing the same.
Forcing people to do it however, is kinda bullshit.

Everyone should have the opportunity if they want to
Just like they should be able to make sure people are addressing them by the right name.
I've seen and read here on this site about far too many people getting deadnamed after they had transitioned.

File a complaint if you feel the question was inappropriate, otherwise please refrain from the banter as there are team members who have had or is going through something because of their sexual orientation or preferred pronoun.

I didn't know this was a thing, but I imagine this is a voluntary thing they can't force you to fill out. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

Captain Market folks: why is some of the cream still packaged in the rectangular old school cardboard containers? Also why are some flavors of G and G 1.5 qts priced differently? Local supermarket brands are all the same. What's with the pronoun stuff?

I identify as a whatever. I'm sorry this is happening to you. No one should be forced to choose pronouns. We should all just agree to drop the gendered pronouns and use the nongendered they/ them instead in all cases.

Attachments

• Gonzo-Muppet.png
    Gonzo-Muppet.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 0
Okay but real talk why is that the people who you need to be told their pronouns never have them visible but every person that uses pronounds that clearly align with their ouward visual appearance feels the need to state them?

I chuckle like crazy when the most basic karen has she/her in her email signature. Like yeah, noone was going to mistake that.

Most trans etc. people I have spoken to much prefer you just actually ask them if you arent sure. Its sort of this wierd cissplaining coproate thing to give pronouns in advance imo.
It's called inclusivity. It's for people who have pronouns that don't necessarily match up with their outward appearance. They shouldn't be afraid to use them. It isn't that hard

It's not virtue signaling. It's building of culture that ensures trans and non binary folks can live their lives. It's obviously not perfect but it isn't nefarious "woke" culture

I witnessed my son(11) being misgendered today for the first time. At first the waiter said "they" /them but later guessed "she". I have to say the "she" was more offputting than the "they". IMO he's not ambiguous but maybe from the outside perspective he is. I've been just misgendered in my younger days and it is somewhat depressing when it happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back