Archived SFS/OPU and Social Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those posts are really sad.... like one said she orders 1 6ft Christmas tree and she was sent 6 of them..... like.... really??..... I understand getting 2 by mistake.... but 6???.... I wish i could reply to there comments saying look at what store sent u that order and ask to speak to there STL.....

Yeah, I second why it even sends us 0 on hand/floor/back items (that are NOP on top of that)....I mean, do I even bother attempting to locate it? :) (o, and not sold at our store)
If it says "limited stock" online, it really shouldn't send us those items for SFS orders. We've even been getting OPU orders for things we have 0 on hand. Like, how?!

busted detergent is super irritating to deal with because it's so slippery and a bitch to clean up. even some of our OG people are prone to flinging those casepacks like horseshoes at the line even tho they ought to know better. During my very first week on flow team I lifted a case of liquid Bounce that had been flung and there was spilled softener several inches deep inside it, splashed all down my front and soaked thru my pants...even had to clean that shit out of my phone's USB port and headphone jack. :mad: admittedly there are worse things you could spill on your clothes but still, come the fuck on people
You try throwing a 2800 piece truck and see how "soft"you can be

Orders subtract from the OH as soon as they come in. So 0 OH May mean 1 is in store (if there’s only 1 Order for that dpci)
Oh, interesting, everyone at my store seems to think it doesn't subtract it until we pick it. Whelp, I'm definitely not sharing this new piece of information with anyone at my store. :eek:

Some of those posts are really sad.... like one said she orders 1 6ft Christmas tree and she was sent 6 of them..... like.... really??..... I understand getting 2 by mistake.... but 6???.... I wish i could reply to there comments saying look at what store sent u that order and ask to speak to there STL.....

I have to wonder if they were all from the same store? Or did they ship all six when it had them clear the location when they picked it and they just shipped all of them cause it had them pick all six out of location?

I have to wonder if they were all from the same store? Or did they ship all six when it had them clear the location when they picked it and they just shipped all of them cause it had them pick all six out of location?

Or someone in the swarm of untrained SFS support sent it without scanning the collate.. And then later on someone repacked the same collate.. much like the disaster my store has been lately. Though I can't see that happening six times.

Or someone in the swarm of untrained SFS support sent it without scanning the collate.. And then later on someone repacked the same collate.. much like the disaster my store has been lately. Though I can't see that happening six times.
Sad thing is, I can see that happening... UPS delivered two iPad Pro ship to stores (to our store) with the same collate the other day :x

Some of them do come in boxes of six, but still...come on.

I don't think it ever treats trees as a casepack (where it has you pull all of them and "set aside any extra for backstock"), though, and aren't all trees Ships Alone anyway? Seems a lot more like a system issue than a FFTM mistake. Wouldn't they have had to reprint the collate a bunch of times? I can't imagine that the same mistake would get made that many times...

So did she pay for one tree and got 5 for free?

I don't think it ever treats trees as a casepack (where it has you pull all of them and "set aside any extra for backstock"), though, and aren't all trees Ships Alone anyway? Seems a lot more like a system issue than a FFTM mistake. Wouldn't they have had to reprint the collate a bunch of times? I can't imagine that the same mistake would get made that many times...
There was a tree in a casepack box of 6. I don’t remember the DPCI but it was in our bulk seasonal aisle. I’m guessing someone shipped the entire box thinking they wanted 6. Most likely a seasonal or ETL because they don’t check the collate. All of our veteran TM’s know to check the collate before packing it out which we tell non-vets for SFS but *sigh* they do not listen.

Yeah she said she paid for 1 tree and she got 6 shipped to her... she called target.com and they told her to keep them or donate the trees

So theoretically if she wanted to ...could she bring the 5 trees in and do a return with no receipt and get extra target $$$$ for target screwing up?

If it says "limited stock" online, it really shouldn't send us those items for SFS orders. We've even been getting OPU orders for things we have 0 on hand. Like, how?!

I've ordered some items on Target.com to experience the guest's side of the process (what happens, what info do they get, etc) first-hand since I get questions about it from them.

From what I observed:
- Not sure about SFS but the guest definitely has no option to do OPU if it says "limited stock" on the item page. They have to go to the store to buy it. However, it still lets them do OPU if it says "get it today with free order pickup" and "only 1 left."
- The site often says that an item is "in stock" at a certain store even though it might not be. You select the pick up option, check out, and then later get a message that the store does not have any quantities of it. You'd think that the system would then automatically update it for the next guest. Nope, nothing is updated. It will still say "in stock" on the item page so more guests can request pick up for that "out of stock" item.
- For SFS, I know that guests can't control which store ships an item to their home. When you place a ship to home order, items from that same order can arrive separately from a mix of the DC, a store at a city close to your home, and a store not nearby you at all. I don't know how the system selects which stores ship what items to guests' homes but it sounds like it's not doing a great job.

Last edited:
Procter & Gamble makes a box exactly the right size for their detergent, and if you look at the detergent backstock, you'll see there are many different sizes of boxes depending on the product. It would be impractical to have a size meant for specific items in specific quantities. And don't forget that detergent gets shipped to the DC by the pallet, so a case isn't handled individually until it is being loaded onto an outbound trailer. We have at least one busted case of detergent per week on our DC trailers.

I've shipped a case before if it was a case amount being ordered and I had a full case. Otherwise it's not really worth it.

There's no arguing that online shopping is the way of the future and Target has to at least attempt to compete in order to survive. But as usual, the logistics of it was poorly thought out.

They are targeting the online shopper and enticing them to come into the store when they might otherwise have just had it shipped. Once the guest is in the store, they hope to sell more.
And you have figured out why its a TOTAL insanity for US to be doing the shipping of the product. Its simply a way for them to cut cost. Target doesn't care about the product once people buy it but you damn sure they care if Proctor and Gamble sent the product to Target the way we send it to the guests.

Either its worth it and no expense is spared or we are masterbating. Seriously.
If we wanted to ship something properly we could get the boxes that would work and be easy to manage. We don't because its all about making profit and not about caring. Thanks, I was hoping someone would point out the fallacy of SFS

busted detergent is super irritating to deal with because it's so slippery and a bitch to clean up. even some of our OG people are prone to flinging those casepacks like horseshoes at the line even tho they ought to know better. During my very first week on flow team I lifted a case of liquid Bounce that had been flung and there was spilled softener several inches deep inside it, splashed all down my front and soaked thru my pants...even had to clean that shit out of my phone's USB port and headphone jack. :mad: admittedly there are worse things you could spill on your clothes but still, come the fuck on people
You know its a real truck when something has spilled on something.

I'm temped to go online and make another FB account just to tell people to stop ordering stupid shit and go to the store for it.

Would fix almost all the shipping issues

Lol me too dude. Saw one guy crying because we wouldn't hold something for him on black Friday. Get over yourself!

And on top of that, stupid guests complain and lower our overall scores with their complaints. I was able to read some of them and almost all of them had a stupid complaint like UPS dropped off their stuff without knocking so they didn’t know it was there until hours later. Or the fact that a few items were broken despite having air bags (what the hell is UPS doing?), or my personal favorite, “Why did they use such a big box with a lot of bubbles? It was an inconvenience to have to deal with all of that.”

Who cares? Why are you complaining? Just accept your damn item and shut the hell up. Stop being so uptight about EVERYTHING. God, this job has made me hate people.

Like, there was was a guest in there that took a pic with his little dog in the cart. And got called out and started being sarcastic towards the people who called him out

Like people put food in there man

I caught a team member doing this exact thing this weekend. The picker had pulled the full case of 6 trees from the backroom location and brought the case to our ship area. Our packer didnt pay attention to what the case was and just slapped the shipping label on the box. Luckily I noticed the issue when I loaded the truck.

I'd say anyone pulling full casestock to their SFS area instead of the actual units requested is flirting with disaster.

I caught a team member doing this exact thing this weekend. The picker had pulled the full case of 6 trees from the backroom location and brought the case to our ship area. Our packer didnt pay attention to what the case was and just slapped the shipping label on the box. Luckily I noticed the issue when I loaded the truck.

I'd say anyone pulling full casestock to their SFS area instead of the actual units requested is flirting with disaster.

If only the system didn’t do a “pull 6, 1 needed for order.”

Like, there was was a guest in there that took a pic with his little dog in the cart. And got called out and started being sarcastic towards the people who called him out

Like people put food in there man

I'm sure it was a service animal

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back