Archived SFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be the main point of contact for onsite facilities management needs. Some piece of equipment or hardware not working? Call the SFT. Fridge not working at Starbucks? Call SFT. The toilet is spewing shit everywhere? Call SFT.

Pog upgrades?! We basically are the team lead over the physical building and depending on location , property too. We do most minor maintenance, manage vendors such as housekeeping, refrigeration, hvac etc, and help try to keep the store brand.

Have the ETL-Log boss you around now that he/she is your boss. Not sure if that's accurate or if ours was just doing that today because she was LOD. She's a bitch.

Pog upgrades?! We basically are the team lead over the physical building and depending on location , property too. We do most minor maintenance, manage vendors such as housekeeping, refrigeration, hvac etc, and help try to keep the store brand.

I think HLM was referring to building/taking down gondolas and resetting the TV wall. Anything else would be the responsibility of the plano team and/or signing ninja.

ughhhhhhhhhh

If I was actually better with this kind of stuff, I would LOVE to be SFT. It looks fun. That, and the fact that I love our SFT, he keeps fixing the small things that nobody got around to, such as the lockers that had been broken for two years.

How about pay? what is the starting pay for sft? I think I can do it but the DFM is the problem. is it true that sft reports to ETL-LOG now?

How about pay? what is the starting pay for sft? I think I can do it but the DFM is the problem. is it true that sft reports to ETL-LOG now?

We do, but our role is the same. Nothing really changed other than they do our reviews, etc and we go to them for problems in the store

I think HLM was referring to building/taking down gondolas and resetting the TV wall. Anything else would be the responsibility of the plano team and/or signing ninja.
Taking down gondolas is the SFT's job? That and all TV wall work is handled by the plano team at my store.

Taking down gondolas is the SFT's job? That and all TV wall work is handled by the plano team at my store.

We take down and put up gondolas for the seasonal sets, help with the tv wall during revisions and transitions, and repair gondolas as needed, but thats about it as far as pog goes

We take down and put up gondolas for the seasonal sets, help with the tv wall during revisions and transitions, and repair gondolas as needed, but thats about it as far as pog goes
Must be nice. Our SFT repairs gondolas every now and then, but that's it. Seasonal sets we do most of the work, but we are also O/N so that may be why.

do you really have to be knowledgable in electrical and some other stuff?

and how much starting pay for no experience for sft .

do you really have to be knowledgable in electrical and some other stuff?

and how much starting pay for no experience for sft .

Its not technically required, but absolute basic knowledge of hvac, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration are an obvious tremendous help. At some point your gonna have to learn the basics of everything, most of which you learn hands on or the hard way. Pay i have no clue, guess that depends on the pay grade scale in your market.

Must be nice. Our SFT repairs gondolas every now and then, but that's it. Seasonal sets we do most of the work, but we are also O/N so that may be why.

Don't forget we also have field projects for plano too, such as installing some of the lighted displays (Brightspot endcap, Beats Endcap, etc.) We also are supposed to secure the furniture displays to the gondolas if they go higher than the top of the gondola.

SFTs these days are building more on leadership. Yes we do fix things here and there but they want us to be more of a leader around the store. This includes influencing the team to keep the store clean. Work with flow/backroom to not abuse the power equipment. Partnering with the GSTLs/GSAs and cart attendants to keep the front end looking brand and making sure the restrooms are being cleaned. Partnering with ETLs to have them support you.

As a SFT you report to the ETL-Log first can also go the the FMBP if needed. You have work orders to do which includes fixing things around the store that are broken or malfunctioning. Also have projects to do sent by HQ, which usually are installing a new fixture, changing gondolas (usually in seasonal) or updating equipment. We do Preventative Maintenance which is checking equipment around the store (plumbing, power equipment, baler, compactor, ladders, etc.) and making sure they are working properly. This is to keep equipment running and preventing it from future breakdowns.

In my area starting pay is around $14-15. Most SFTs in my district are internal promotions or transfers. Its good to have some general technical knowledge but it is not necessary. You will get about a month's worth of training which includes online training and hands on training. Target has some good resources available to you if you need it, such as manuals, troubleshooting tips, and guides. Also you can contact other SFTs if you need it too.

As ISM mentioned, there is a greater focus on leadership for SFT's now, which is a good thing as far as getting partnerships with the store. It makes the job a lot easier if you can get the help and cooperation from the entire store to focus on safety, not only for themselves but the equipment they use as well. The costs are a big factor for how well an SFT performs, as it is one of the major metrics.

Starting pay here starts around 15 dollars, shoots up to mid 20's. Also, as mentioned by ISM, you do not need to be a guru, just willing and able to learn and reach out to others

Another change since this thread got going is the ipad. SFTs keep track of w/o, wtv and just about everything else on an ipad. About the only thing we cannot do on there is order from SAP and upload our wtv scores into myhome. I'm still not sold on it.

I got one that was pointed out recently by a member of the plano team.
Not only building the gondolas for seasonal events like BTS but keeping track of all the parts for them over the course of the year.
Then partnering with the PTL, even if they are not very organized, and making sure there is nothing new you are going to need for the next set.
Table height legs are one I remember as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back