Archived TV returns, sft inspections, price change, sales floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravalpea

Battery/giftcard loather
Greetings all.
A few days ago I learned that a TV that gets returned to the store will be examined by the SFT, who will determine if said TV is still operational and, as far as he or she knows, no pieces are missing. If given the literal sticker of approval by said SFT, the TV will be repackaged and given to price change to mark down and then pushed back out to the sales floor. We actually had a TV treated this way Monday.

I'm all for making a buck, but not at the cost of my TV smelling like cigarettes.

TL;DR As the title suggests.

They rolled this out just before last year or the year before's superbowl I think. Good plan when you think about how many people buy TVs just for 1 or 2 viewings and then return it.

Greetings all.
A few days ago I learned that a TV that gets returned to the store will be examined by the SFT, who will determine if said TV is still operational and, as far as he or she knows, no pieces are missing. If given the literal sticker of approval by said SFT, the TV will be repackaged and given to price change to mark down and then pushed back out to the sales floor. We actually had a TV treated this way Monday.

I'm all for making a buck, but not at the cost of my TV smelling like cigarettes.

Depends on your guests. Mine get it home and it's not big enough or clear enough. Comes back the same day or next at the latest. Abd they rarely smoke, lol.

A lot of people buy a TV, get it home, figure out they can't afford it, and return it without even opening it.

I got a pretty good deal on a TV last month. It was returned and appeared to be unopened. Only reason we opened the box was to make sure the TV was actually in it.

Can't afford it? TV's are cheaper than shit nowadays!

That derps me out...

Well I'm in a store that if someone picks up a TV there's a 50% chance they may attempt to steal it.

TVs are cheaper now. Still doesn't mean everyone can afford them.

Huh, I didn't know they did that. I've been telling my guests we don't put big electronics like that back on the shelf. (same for baby items) Whoops.

A guest brought up a pack of bottles, and the inside of one of them was covered in mold. She was not happy because it meant that someone returned it and we just put it back on the shelf. Whoops again!

Last edited:
Greetings all.

Your store is a bit behind, eh.

We just started doing this too, but only when the guest says it's defective- if the guest says it works we take their word for it an onto the floor it goes.

We have started to defect out everything that should be labeled as repackaged, online item, and as-is per our STL's orders. I know this will negatively affect our PMT and his performance when TVs will be returned in the fourth quarter. I expect his boss to make a visit to our store asking what we are doing with so many TVs being defected out.

We just started doing this too, but only when the guest says it's defective- if the guest says it works we take their word for it an onto the floor it goes.
Guest buys a new TV and accidentally drops it as they are trying to mount it on the wall.
"Oh fuck what do we do???"
"Let's just put it in the box, bring it back and tell them there's nothing wrong with it, we just changed our mind."

Do you even open it to make sure there is actually a TV (the correct one) in the box?

I've had TVs returned where they switched the new one for the old one, sealed the box back up and returned it. Ive also seen video game consoles returned with wood blocks inside the box. Gotta be careful taking people's word.

Do you even open it to make sure there is actually a TV (the correct one) in the box?

I've had TVs returned where they switched the new one for the old one, sealed the box back up and returned it. Ive also seen video game consoles returned with wood blocks inside the box. Gotta be careful taking people's word.

I've had guests try and scratch the Serial Number off the TV before. That was fucking great. I have to admit though, when someone comes in with a 60" TV, I'm irrationally mad at them because it's a pain in the ass getting that in and out of the box. All our TV's, Consoles, and iPads get processed as CRC and not put to the sales floor because we have to check the SN.

Yeah we'll look inside to make sure it's in there and for video game systems- especially those returned the same day- we match the serial numbers to the box.

Unrelated, but I had someone put a TV on flex fill yesterday. We have no room for it in the back at guest services so we spider-wrapped it and put it on a flat in the lobby. Still, why would anyone flex fill a TV?

Unrelated, but I had someone put a TV on flex fill yesterday. We have no room for it in the back at guest services so we spider-wrapped it and put it on a flat in the lobby. Still, why would anyone flex fill a TV?
A big football game. There should be an area in the back room for flex fill stuff. We have one, at my store.

There should be a hold location in the backroom for large items like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back