Archived Sheet from Store - SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, me and my plano team are running SFS (my PTL will be the TL of SFS, throughout 4th quarter). It will be the first time in my store we have had this, and it begins mid October, I was just wondering what to expect.

And what to order ;p ahead of time.

You should get an initial shipment of everything you could possibly need. You can find the supply replenishment guide on Workbench under Logistics > Ship from Store. I don't really pay attention to how much it says I need of everything, and instead order based on experience. Since your store won't have that yet, I'll just caution you to pay attention to how many boxes are on each pallet and keep that in mind when ordering. For smaller supplies (things that don't come by the pallet), order a LOT.

As the signing TM, you are probably best equipped to organize shit, so don't be afraid to take charge of that. Think of it as an empty fixture room...how would you organize it? One thing that I've found helpful is having static pallet spaces for boxes (previously we would just put a sign on the pallet and throw it wherever). The space is labeled and what's supposed to go there is the only thing that goes there. Put the 277 boxes and 126 boxes in your most inaccessible pallet spaces since you'll need to replenish those the least.

Hrm. My PPTL also told me they were going to be the 4th Quarter TL for SFS. We don't have a dedicated TL back there. They did not indicate that the entire Pog Team would be included in that or when they would be assuming that role. I assumed it wouldn't be until after the Xmas Seasonal set was completed in Nov.

Personally, SFS does not get the attention it needs or deserves. It makes good sales % for our store and is run with a skeleton crew of two people. The latest changes to the batching system have caused some irregular orders and have increased their workflow to the point that leadership scrambles to get bodies back there after lunch for picking/packing.

But it wouldnt be a Target initiative if things ran smoothly.

From another thread:

Ah the sfs tl is not an actual keyed position apparently. It's temporary until the end of December.
Thanks
@HRZone

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Why pog tl and not backroom tl? It would make more sense for the backroom tl to take over sfs.

Last year as the signing TM my hours went poof so I just went full time SFS and electronics unload.

Last year most of my pog team also went ship from store except for the revision lady.

As long as I get my 40 still I'm good.

I'm looking this in the face as well. No clue if I'll get to work it, but I'm pushing for it for cross training.

Um No that would be In Stocks.. Pog sets and forgets.. At least my store does..
'
Who sets it though? I won't lie Instocks is damn near equal if not better, but do you really want the entire (1-3 members who may still be instocks) pulled from the floor, to do SFS? especially during 4th quarter?

Honestly instocks and pog are important components for SFS.... If pog doesnt set an aisle on time then the merchandise will sit on a pallet in the steel and orders will come for the items and no one will know where to find the merchandise...... Then your instocks needs to be Green... If your on hands are way off for multiple items then u are most likely going to be red for fill rate.... Honestly what i would do if i was an ETL Log...... A month or two b4 4Th quarter i would have my instock team scan thru areas and making sure on hands are right.... Mainly electronic, toys, furniture, and houseware..... But hey no payroll for instock team at my store

'
Who sets it though? I won't lie Instocks is damn near equal if not better, but do you really want the entire (1-3 members who may still be instocks) pulled from the floor, to do SFS? especially during 4th quarter?

Well no one wants POG to do it. They leave a trail of destruction behind them that every other team has to clean up. My store yours may vary.. We are just hoping this is the death blow to this scam artist of a TL. . A couple of her TM's would be awesome for it since I know one was backroom so he used to pull orders. But when you have others that can't put labels up properly or that the flow team doesn't even want cause they do such shit of a job, no I don't think they should be given a high pressure to perform job. Unless someone in the leadership chain is going to use that to clean the house of these people.

Because POG workload is reduced to next to nothing the closer it gets to Christmas, while backroom's workload is the busiest it will be all year.

He's right you know. All our Plano team has been encouraged to steal flow and sfs hours when hours get thin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back