shift changes

I rec’d my offer today for a B2 shift at a DC. The B2 shift was not my first choice. I contacted the HR office who stated to accept the offer and speak to the HR personnel at my local DC office to see if it can be changed. Is this even possible? Do new hires get the options of changing schedules? I’m interested in B1 shift. They gave me 24 hours to accept the offer. Thank you.

Odds of getting hired onto B1 are slim to none, spots on that shift are generally filled before new hires are brought in.
HR might be able to accommodate you, but I wouldn’t count on it. Otherwise you could put in 6 months on B2 and then try to get B1 from there.

Odds of getting hired onto B1 are slim to none, spots on that shift are generally filled before new hires are brought in.
HR might be able to accommodate you, but I wouldn’t count on it. Otherwise you could put in 6 months on B2 and then try to get B1 from there.
We hired a lot onto b1 the past 5 months or so. We had a new hire that was hired onto b1 and put in for shift change to a1 and didn’t get it. It’s possible, but those spots typically fill first.

We hired a lot onto b1 the past 5 months or so. We had a new hire that was hired onto b1 and put in for shift change to a1 and didn’t get it. It’s possible, but those spots typically fill first.
We had the same a few months ago, but I’m writing that off as an oddity as I think it was just because there were so many new hires, no way to get them trained otherwise. Still worth a shot though.

They were giving people whatever shift they wanted, then closed that and now are are bow letting new hires pick the shift again.

A2 had almost no new hires for months as nobody wants weekend nights.

But to be blunt if say 95% or more of the people hired on in the past few months are no longer around.

If you start and find yourself going to the bathroom 27 times an hour just know that we have all noticed and laugh about you and your gonna be fired.

And yes I'm am so sick and tired of dealing with all the new hires in the bathroom playing on the old cellphone with no masks.

If you aren't a worker do us all a favor and screw off.

And yes I'm am so sick and tired of dealing with all the new hires in the bathroom playing on the old cellphone with no masks.

If you aren't a worker do us all a favor and screw off.
We have some major work to so to get these new hires up to snuff. We had to babysit them the whole way through Q4.
All the little shit we let them get away with before I hope they realise is coming to an end here soon!
Cherry picking is our first order of business in OB. We started roping off the staged noncon except the single lane we are supposed to be working because "work left to right and finish the whole row before grabbing from the next" was too difficult for 75% of them to understand.
Once that is taken care of my next project will be grabbing the label from every piece of dog food I see placed on the B pallet without a slipsheet underneath to get them written up for it...

With everything going crazy right now a lot of the standard ways of operating have been worked around. Our new hires have all had it very very easy with having options and being moved around to different departments. They recently let all the seasonals go and we are now getting covid notifications everyday you never know what key needs someone now.

Back