Archived Shift cut controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HRZone I've called and asked TM's that live close if they would care to come in for 4 hours with less than 24 hours notice, but I let them know that's the minimum I need them for, that I'm looking for someone at a specific time, and if there is the possibility to extend, and that they should feel free to say no. Occasionally I've gotten that they can come in at the time I need, but for less than 4 hours, if the TM says they are ok with less than the minimum I'm likely going to take it, but at that point it's them taking less not Target giving them less.

Actually we do.

If we don't get a hold of you and you show up to work. You have to be paid.

Now if your store calls you, you answer and they tell you to stay home. That's different

View attachment 4720

It says right there .... or are scheduled .

I'll admit the wording is odd, but this is what my etl-hr told me. After the schedule is published, then they can't just cut shifts. You can come in for any shift you are scheduled and they will find something for a minimum of 3 hours.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it doesn't look like those passages are talking about shifts being canceled, rather TMs who are being called to come into work.

It says " called in OR
are scheduled"

There is a line later in the document that says you can cancel a shift but the team member has to acknowledge they were contacted before they show up to the store where they then become entitled to minimum pay unless they decide to leave voluntarily

'If team members are...scheduled to work with a 24-hour notice' says nothing about canceling shifts. I can ask a TM who is at work (without calling them in) to come into work the next day, which wouldn't be 24 hours beforehand, and then there is nothing to do the next day, I'd have to find them something to do for 3 hours or send them home and give them 3 hours of pay.

I haven't looked myself, but this is still the only thing I have seen that pertains to canceling shifts, and it would surprise me if Target contradicted this statement somewhere else:
1e63e9af-76b0-4e72-8cdf-e5f30479d7a8-jpeg.4712

Like I said before in this thread, and as far as the above passages go, the wording is such that Target does not have to give 24-hour notice of cancellation and be required to pay. So, unless there is a different quote somewhere, that's the best practice. Whether or not anyone follows that is ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back