Archived Shift Swap denied due to Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after defying the odds and finding someone to take my Black Friday and Thanksgiving shifts, as suggested by HR #1, HR #2 proceeds to tell me that they were instructed to not approve any Swap for those days by HR #1. This can't really be a thing, can it?

Makes sense to me to not allow specific types of swaps on that day. Example: Newbie cashier switching with a very experienced cashier that knows the service desk and food ave could screw things up if the plan had been for the experienced cashier to work at the service desk and cover food ave's lunch/break, things the other person'd be incapable of doing.

In my store our Etl log said no shift swapping without STL or Etl hr approval. Plus the first page of that weeks schedule says the same thing.

Dumb! Swap shift should be approved if TM knows what to do

We have been told this in the past...that you are not to swap shifts etc. However, the last couple of years I haven't heard that. If you can find someone willing to work for you I don't see what the big deal is ....but we are talking about Spot .

While I understand their point (newbie vs. seasoned vet skill level, needed for that shift, needs of the store, etc.), I'd say that means they aren't confidant in the training they have given their new employees.
It's one thing to prefer to have a seasoned staff member in place, it's another to refuse to let them swap out with someone you supposedly trained for the job.
If you have so little confidence in the skills of your new employees maybe you should take a good hard look at how you train them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back