Archived Ship From Store: aka "Lazy Shopping 101 @ Spot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not sure if this is global yet, but my store has been doing Ship From Store since about late October/Early November, and I've never understood how it worked/the process of it until today, and it's weird/useless the things that people use it for.

I find it awkward that the SFS team at my store is all males, so they all get stuck shopping for bras and panties. And then today, one of the SFS guys had like 2 packs of condoms in the cart and a random array of items. I dunno it just feels like it's being misused, anyone else feel/see this?

This is the age of having stuff brought to your door.
Amazon plus, Pea Pod, Cater Plus, Take out,all services that bring whatever you want you need right to your door.
Some people need it because they are shut ins or their schedules don't give them the time, others have found they just like the service and not having to fight the crowds.
It's not laziness so much as a new generation, a new way of handling life.

Even though I'm working at Target multiple times a week, I usually get very good deals using Amazon Subscribe and Save where if you add 5 items to your order per month you save 15% and they deliver everything when you choose, per week or per month, etc. Let me tell you, when you get home and see a box full of random food and crap you ordered waiting for you, it's pretty awesome. IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS EVERY MONTH!

The other day, I had to pull a FA for a four roll package of toilet paper...that was it .A single package of toilet paper....

Last edited:
The other day, I had to pull a FA for a four roll package of toilet paper...that was it .A single package of toilet paper....

This is exactly why I hate the FA process. I hate that I have to drop everything I'm doing, go out to the sales floor, inevitably get bugged by a guest or two or get pulled onto backup on my way to the sales floor location and/or holding area, all for a pack of toilet paper/roll of scotch tape/tube of CHAPSTICK/etc that 9 times out of 10 never gets picked up. Drives me nuts.

I did one the following day that had body wash, dog food, paper towels, shampoo and conditioner. ...then you feel as though you have to explain to your fellow team members what you are doing...cause it looks like you are just shopping ( for yourself) on the clock.

Gotta love the diaper gift card deals (which happen almost every ad) especially when its one person ordering 20 diapers and the collate prints 5 diapers per page and you can fit three per box. I've gotten way too used to people ordering $1 things to have shipped to their houses by now.

get pulled onto backup on my way to the sales floor location and/or holding area,

At my store gstl and gsa know im backroom so they never ask me to backup.

I did one the following day that had body wash, dog food, paper towels, shampoo and conditioner. ...then you feel as though you have to explain to your fellow team members what you are doing...cause it looks like you are just shopping ( for yourself) on the clock.

I always tell them im personally shopping for guest. last month i had so many orders where i was clearly doing someone Christmas shopping.

wall-e-it-begins.jpg

I remember this lady buying 6 toothpastes, 6 mouth washes and floss....

I was little wtf -ish

So I'm not sure if this is global yet, but my store has been doing Ship From Store since about late October/Early November, and I've never understood how it worked/the process of it until today, and it's weird/useless the things that people use it for.

I find it awkward that the SFS team at my store is all males, so they all get stuck shopping for bras and panties. And then today, one of the SFS guys had like 2 packs of condoms in the cart and a random array of items. I dunno it just feels like it's being misused, anyone else feel/see this?

If this is all ship from store, the guest likely doesn't even know it's coming from a store, and probably figures it's coming from a warehouse somewhere. And especially the underwear, is a perfectly legit thing to buy and have shipped to your home. I have come close to doing this with another store in what I like, so why would target.com be any different?

Seems to me that Target is paying attention to how guests want shop and working to find solutions. Last time I checked, Amazon was booming and quite literally may be a bigger threat to Target than Walmart. But what do I know.

This is the age of having stuff brought to your door.
Amazon plus, Pea Pod, Cater Plus, Take out,all services that bring whatever you want you need right to your door.
Some people need it because they are shut ins or their schedules don't give them the time, others have found they just like the service and not having to fight the crowds.
It's not laziness so much as a new generation, a new way of handling life.

It's not laziness, and it is a new way of handling life. You're correct. Some will argue it's bad, some will argue it's good, some will simply argue that it's quite simply... different.

However, I know for a fact that it's "bad". Ship to home from store is not the problem... it's merely a symptom of a much larger disease. It's the isolating, instant gratification with minimal invested effort, sense of entitlement "everything is about me and I need to interact with others as little as possible unless they serve me in some capacity" way of handling life... which is being fueled by today's technological advances.

Mixed feelings on this.
I know people from all over the world because of today's technological advances that I wouldn't have known otherwise.
In fact I met my wife on the net, she lived 4, 368.8 miles away from me.
My groomsmen were from three different states and two different countries, all people I had met online.

People will always make the worst of new tech but I think there are wonderful things that come with it as well.
For that matter sometimes there are things that just are, not better or worse.

You mean you actually ship the items to the guest? Will we have a new shipping and packing department? Or will that be part of photo that is no longer a department.

You mean you actually ship the items to the guest? Will we have a new shipping and packing department? Or will that be part of photo that is no longer a department.

Ship From Store is a supplement to the target.com fulfillment process. Sometimes, it's cheaper to ship an order from a store than from the nearest fulfillment center, which might be much farther away than the store that's fulfilling the order. In theory, a guest who orders from target.com doesn't know that their order is being fulfilled in a store rather than a fulfillment center. In a way, it's almost a reverse of the flexible fulfillment (Store Pick-up) we all know and love loathe.

Oh yeah. When I worked backroom I felt awkward as hell having girls underwear and tampons in my 3 tier going to the front.

I was waiting to be accused(not seriously, just joking) of harassment when I very hesitantly asked a SLTM (female, of course) if she could help me find a thong. I couldn't bring myself to ask it over the walkie.

Oh yeah. When I worked backroom I felt awkward as hell having girls underwear and tampons in my 3 tier going to the front.

I was waiting to be accused(not seriously, just joking) of harassment when I very hesitantly asked a SLTM (female, of course) if she could help me find a thong. I couldn't bring myself to ask it over the walkie.
I would have hated doing that! I remember one night I was watching the front for the GSTL and someone needed another Bra and didn't want to go back and get it herself. It felt so awkward asking over the walkie and that night we had a lot of younger SLtms but luckily an older lady I know very well was working that night and was able to help me.

The longer you work at Target, the less you give a **** on what you're doing.

I'm one of the main TMs taking care of SFS and FF. Don't care what other people think when I'm going through different kinds of thongs and bras. I'm just waiting for someone to ask my location when I'm in lingerie doing FF so I can say "doing FF trying to find the right kind of thongs/bras."

The longer you work at Target, the less you give a **** on what you're doing.

I'm one of the main TMs taking care of SFS and FF. Don't care what other people think when I'm going through different kinds of thongs and bras. I'm just waiting for someone to ask my location when I'm in lingerie doing FF so I can say "doing FF trying to find the right kind of thongs/bras."

I knew a woman who worked for the Lane Bryant store in San Francisco.
She got used to finding the right sized clothes for the trans women and queens who came in.
She said it was fun because they often had better taste than the cis women who came in to shop.

Last edited:
Oh shoot me if this happens. We can't even keep up with the flex. I could just see how some of the team members would pack the items.. Yeah, I see a nightmare when it starts in our store.

Oh shoot me if this happens. We can't even keep up with the flex. I could just see how some of the team members would pack the items.. Yeah, I see a nightmare when it starts in our store.
If there are actually hours for it then it might not be so bad, we usually have the LODs/TLs do FF when it's slow like now, and a backroom TM does it exclusively when there are a lot of orders coming in like Q4 was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back