Archived Ship From Store: aka "Lazy Shopping 101 @ Spot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We separate ours and put them in their respective carts also. It's so much better than having 300 collates sitting in the printers or off to the side lol. Also, how well do you guys know Manhattan? I never pay attention to most of the stuff on the dashboard because its wrong. What I usually do to make sure today's orders are done is go to OLPN and bring up all the list of all the printed collates then check to see which carts if any are still left before the time stamp of 4:30 our time. The fun part is also looking at that information to see who packed stuff wrong too (like why is there still a collate from AB not packed but the cart is empty?) >:| We also don't drop tomorrow's orders until today's are done to avoid the confusion altogether.

I know how to look to see what has been printed, packed, and staged and I like now how it says which cart it comes from so we can reprint collates for 1 or 2 things left in a cart. We also don't drop tomorrow's orders until all the today batches are done. It makes it easier for the packers to label the carts because the carts are always being moved around to let people through in the backroom so sometimes you just do whatever cart's closer with the collates on it when it might not be a today batch.

Only our team lead and ETL know how to find out how many INFs each team member has. Over 100? Damn. If I pick all day, usually I'll have around 5-10 INFs.

ESFS coming to our store, hiring lots of people and more payroll $$$ I have signed up as it's supposed to be better hours (starts at 6am vs working flow starting at 4am) and more hours. How can I get a head start on the process?

One more thing,,, has anyone seen the documentary on Amazon, and how they use robots etc in the warehouse?

Definitely better hours. Guaranteed 40 every week. At my store, we all kept hitting overtime so they lowered us to 37.5, but still.

The majority of us are still doing 40. We don't really have a choice or else we won't finish.

We definitely get killed with INFs especially because we're pressed for time. Doesn't help when our instocks and backroom are borderline terrible. A lot of the time for us, it's not even a lack of effort in searching. We just don't have it. It just makes me facepalm when I read some of the stuff they do cancel though...

For example, my first batch the other day consisted of a ghost in the br, a web only item that didn't get zero'd out, softlines in which we had every size except for the one I needed, a NOP baby stroller, damaged item which was the last in store, and a Beats Pill which was the last in stock (shows up as zero on hand) all of these were cancels IN THE FIRST BATCH OF THE DAY >:|

Last edited:
ESFS coming to our store, hiring lots of people and more payroll $$$ I have signed up as it's supposed to be better hours (starts at 6am vs working flow starting at 4am) and more hours. How can I get a head start on the process?

One more thing,,, has anyone seen the documentary on Amazon, and how they use robots etc in the warehouse?
What do they call the position online when people apply for it?

From what you guys are saying, I'm more anxious about starting this at our store. Are there any high points?

I did one the following day that had body wash, dog food, paper towels, shampoo and conditioner. ...then you feel as though you have to explain to your fellow team members what you are doing...cause it looks like you are just shopping ( for yourself) on the clock.
I found this really bizarre when I would cover SFS. 80% of the orders were just stuff they could go to our store for a store closer to them. Heck even a 711 would have that stuff. I don't understand it

I just did my first ship from store shift yesterday. I'm actually a softlines person and usually assigned to the fitting room. For whatever reason, the LOD thought it would be a good idea for me to learn how to do this. (I have one shift in two weeks doing ship from store which, I had assumed, was just a way to get me a few more hours). We're relatively new to this. We have one team member who does it full time, then, when he gets too busy, usually somebody in leadership helps out. I was told a few other people had been trained but nobody has stuck around very long. I don't know whether it's due to the nature of the work or something else.

Today, my body hurts all over. We don't have the space to do this. There were 3 of us working in this little area yesterday. The usual guy, the LOD and me. Usual guy was unhappy to have to train me because we weren't going to meet our deadline at the rate things were going, he had to go to lunch or be out of compliance, and there I was, relatively clueless. The LOD had done it in the past but not recently. All the bending over really caught up with me. If we had space to spread out and lower tables so that the really big boxes didn't sit on the floor, it would have been a lot better. But right now, we simply don't have the space to expand the area and having worked there, I cannot imagine how we'll keep up with the holiday season.

I don't mind back up once in a while, but I really am happy in softlines, mixing with customers. In the backroom, I don't see anybody, it's hot as hell, and incredibly tedious as well as physically demanding. Plus, I'm not exactly one of the younger team members either. I'm reluctant to say anything because I really do need the hours and I don't want to come off as inflexible. But I'm scheduled to go in in about an hour and I can barely walk today because my back hurts so badly.

Has anybody been actually working on ship from store for a while? What is your setup like and does it ever easier? Right now, we're in a trial phase so I keep hoping we'll expand the space allocated to it if we're successful. But what I really hope is that I don't have to do this too often!!

doxiemama let them know you are willing to help but don't want it as a regular thing, cause with 4th quarter they will need the help. And why you would just help, cause you like the guest interaction.

@doxiemama
I've been doing SFS at my store since it started last fall. We have plenty of space and are trying to convince the DTL to give us more packing stations. Here are some pictures of other workstations that I found on Twitter: Logistics - SFS | The Break Room

Softlines TMs actually are some of the best TMs to put in SFS because they know how to find clothes, when a lot of other TMs struggle with those orders.

It is not normal or efficient to have three people packing at the same time, so I'm not sure why that was happening at your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back