Archived Shoe Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I can't be the only person that keeps going through shoes because they wear out so fast! In the last 10 months I've been through THREE pairs of shoes, two tennis pairs and one pair of boots. I work inbound so we're CONSTANTLY moving... >.< SO! Does any one have a good suggestion for quality shoes that will last? What do you wear and how have they held up?

I had a pair of Doc Martens that were great. They were sturdy and had lots of support. They lasted for over two years. Towards the end they were looking kinda shabby and my feet were starting to hurt so I had to let them go . Now, I am wearing sketchers. They are lighter than the Martens but still have lots of support.

I've used both Caterpillar and Keen boots. The Keens are beastly. Almost a year in (mostly OB work) and there's hardly any wear. I also use the Dr Scholls heavy work gel insoles. Could spend all night on the most rickety RC or order picker, and my feet couldn't feel better.

I've been wearing a pair of Under Armour tactical boots for almost a year now, only moderate wear on them. I always had that problem with sneakers, though. I'd destroy a pair of Converse in 6 months just from going to work and school.

Danners and some good work insoles tend to last me about a year and some change.

I've been through 3 pair so far this year. I gave up buying expensive shoes because I don't think it matters. We do so much walking that it's only natural for them to wear out. A good running shoe with tough and comfortable insoles work best ive found.

Seems about right. If you work hard you'll go through a lot of shoes. The lazy people doing nothing but specialty functions and talking to OM's all day can probably get by with one pair.

I've been through maybe 3 pairs in 4 years at most

Wolverine!!! I think there are deals for Target employees through EHR too. Definitely a tad on the manly side, but in terms of quality, they will last you a lifetime, depending what you get.

Redwing is great too.

I wear moderately expensive Nike's and use upper tier Dr. Scholls insoles. I'll get back to you in a few months on how they hold up. So far so good. I will add that I only use those shoes for work. Never have them on during days off.

My feet do get sore, but only so much that it feels like I finished an athletic practice at the end of the day. Not a big deal to me at this juncture and I have little desire to wear boots unless I'm walking up a mountain.

Bought a "relatively" cheap pair of New Balance. So far they're holding up well. I didn't have much faith in them because of the foam soles, but they've surprised me!

4 months and while still wearable, I've worn down both the shoes and insoles enough to warrant new ones.

How can I tell?

Heel pain.

Lol. I'll take 4 months. I can justify the cost

Been at my DC for a little over a year and am on shoe pair 3. Number 4 is coming soon

My Wolverine boots are still hanging in there, only part I've managed to really wear out is the tread on the bottom a bit and the laces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back