Archived Sick time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shitfromstore

Backroom Team Lead in transition
I just transferred from CA to CO two weeks and today I found out that CO employees do not accrue sick time. Does anyone know what will happen to my sick time, can I still use it, and since I earned it in CA does it fall under the same rules that I was held to in CA as far as not being able to cash it out went I stop working for Target?

I just transferred from CA to CO two weeks and today I found out that CO employees do not accrue sick time. Does anyone know what will happen to my sick time, can I still use it, and since I earned it in CA does it fall under the same rules that I was held to in CA as far as not being able to cash it out went I stop working for Target?

You can use it but you won't be able to cash it out in a state that doesn't have payout laws

Does anyone know what will happen to my sick time, can I still use it, and since I earned it in CA does it fall under the same rules that I was held to in CA as far as not being able to cash it out went I stop working for Target?

Yes, you should still be able to use it.

Target policy in general (not just CA) is that they do not pay out all of your remaining sick time at termination. If your city or state legally requires that you to get paid out your sick time at termination, then that is an exception to the rule, and you will get paid out by Target in this case.

Here is what it says in the Time Off Guide: "As a benefit, accrued sick time is available only under certain circumstances related to your health or your family’s health circumstances. It is not accrued or paid out at termination or under any other circumstances."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back