Archived Significant cut in weekly hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always been lucky with hours. I kind of have this reputation that I’ll always come in if I can and I’ll do whatever (pick OPUs, cashier, guest service, if they can’t find someone for salesfloor I can at least zone and do reshop). Obviously it would be nice to get scheduled those hours, but being one of the first to be called or offered shifts is something I’ll definitely take!

Wow. This is disheartening. I picked up this Target job because I have medical issues and needed something flexible, in order to go to my dr appointments, plus I enjoyed working for Target in the past. At my last job, I worked 40+ hrs a week with full benefits and other perks, making almost $5/hr more. This is gonna take some getting used to.

But then how are we going to be able to get our benefits if we are not given the chance to work more than 4 hrs...
Winner winner chicken dinner. Before Modernization we had an hour adjustment *cough culling the herd cough*. Attendance was cited as a factor. An unprecedented ice storm had occurred weeks earlier and I missed work like other tms with rural addresses. We all ultimately lost scheduled hours and access to benefits.

Wow. This is disheartening. I picked up this Target job because I have medical issues and needed something flexible, in order to go to my dr appointments, plus I enjoyed working for Target in the past. At my last job, I worked 40+ hrs a week with full benefits and other perks, making almost $5/hr more. This is gonna take some getting used to.
Good luck if you have medical issues now you will have even more due to Target stress. You get nothing here but more work and shorter hours. They think you are a robot.

Don't think I'm not using every minute of 9 hours to set the coffee pog. Which should have been 4 hours. I'm checking all the dates. I found over 50 outdated items in the bagged coffee yesterday.

But if I push myself and get done early, I'll get more work and no thank you'd or appreciation.

Before this shit called modernization, I'd have helped somewhere else. But not now.

My first week here, (well, first week after the training week) I had 40 hours. Since then it's been 15 one week, 24 this week, 15 next week. Is this a global thing? It does seem like many SFS people have seen the same hour shortage as me, but I worry that its performance based as well, since I am still kind of slow-ish when trying to pull in Softlines. When do the hours usually increase again? Holidays?

My first week here, (well, first week after the training week) I had 40 hours. Since then it's been 15 one week, 24 this week, 15 next week. Is this a global thing? It does seem like many SFS people have seen the same hour shortage as me, but I worry that its performance based as well, since I am still kind of slow-ish when trying to pull in Softlines. When do the hours usually increase again? Holidays?
My SFS team has seen an increase in hours in general, but with the end of the month rapidly approaching, most of my guys have been cut to two or three shifts a week, at most 25 hours. As I’m the main person I still get my 40, but it sucks. I anticipate my mids being cut all next week to make up for the hours the store is in the hole. Over 500 hours over payroll is the rumor.

My SFS team has seen an increase in hours in general, but with the end of the month rapidly approaching, most of my guys have been cut to two or three shifts a week, at most 25 hours. As I’m the main person I still get my 40, but it sucks. I anticipate my mids being cut all next week to make up for the hours the store is in the hole. Over 500 hours over payroll is the rumor.

I will make a prophecy: your store will look like shit in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back