Archived Signing job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this group, and wasn't sure if this question has been asked yet, but does anyone know what happens to the signing persons job after this modernization takes place. I heard it goes away and they become gm.

I'm not the signing person, I was just wondering if anybody else's signing person has had their 1 on 1 yet.

I'm the signing person at my store. Unless it's a heavy week, I don't spend more than 8 hours total a week doing signing. Of course, different stores do things differently.

No one on one yet, however my direct ETL kind of gave me a hint on what to expect. I will still be breaking down signing pallets, will still have some hours to work on transition signing/overheads etc. The rest of the days I'm not signing-- I'll be put in a specific department to push/backstock etc. like the rest of hardlines team.

I'm the signing person at my store. Unless it's a heavy week, I don't spend more than 8 hours total a week doing signing. Of course, different stores do things differently.

Yeah, same.

I spend a lot of time working on revisions.

I don't expect a whole lot to change from what I do now. Still take care of signing pallets and run transitions/transition team.

Haven't done signing in over a month, there are at least 3 signing pallets floating around the backroom and the fixture room is packed with stuff nobody is putting away. Can't wait for a visit to see what they say.

I just had my one on one meeting. My store is not that far into Modernization from what I can tell. He said everyone will do another one on one during reviews but I think the ETL's at my store are all on edge with our STL quitting abruptly last week.

I'm signing, and was told I will still be in charge of large signing/overheads and I assume organizing the weekly signing pallet. I will have to teach everyone in the store how to do signing. I'll still be setting large Plano sets with the one other remaining plano person.

Unfortunately, I was still asked to pick an area of the salesfloor that I thought I would want to own and suggested pets/sporting goods or seasonal. It's probably going to be seasonal. It was obvious from the convo though that the ETL's already have a pretty good idea of where they want to put certain team members. Not sure how I'm going to make time to set transitions, do signing, maintain and push all of seasonal, and maintain the entire fixture room all by myself.

So glad I had this site for info on upcoming changes, i think a few fellow team members were totally blind sided by their meetings today.

i'm still getting 30+ hours in signing for now and then additional hardlines shifts to push freight when hours are low. haven't had my one-on-one yet so i'm not sure when i'm going to be told my position doesn't technically exist anymore??? hopefully soon because it sort of feels like i'm stuck in limbo and i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop lol. i'm still getting asked to order shit/questions about different signing throughout the store by etls/tls like everything is normal despite our store having started modernization a month ago so it's driving me a little crazy.

I'd pick Pets or Sporting Goods over Seasonal. Seasonal is a bitch to set, stock, and purge/salvage.

@KInSigning

I'm the opposite, lol. I'd choose seasonal over the other areas because I'd still get to do plenty of signing and I am really good at purging that area to minimize the salvage. And I've pretty much owned that area already every Q4 for years.

I'm the opposite, lol. I'd choose seasonal over the other areas because I'd still get to do plenty of signing and I am really good at purging that area to minimize the salvage. And I've pretty much owned that area already every Q4 for years.
That's my choice as well unless our PA position opens back up. It sounds like they may just pick for us though...

At my store despite signing still being delivered for some reason, I have begun to official have no shift undersigning. Some of the weeks I am only scheduled 7 hours, so I not sure what the message is they are trying to send, but I think it's...... We don't need you anymore XD
Either way, until I hear or see otherwise I am vigorously applying to non-retail jobs to move to the next part of my life.
I'll let you know if I find out anything else next week.

Yeah, everything is under wraps until one on ones. There will be someone in charge of breaking down signing pallets, but all the other details will come out later on this month.

Yeah, everything is under wraps until one on ones. There will be someone in charge of breaking down signing pallets, but all the other details will come out later on this month.

I was told breaking down the pallet, at least at my store, was another one of those implied jobs. Someone will do it, but who knows who. I was just told it wasn't my job anymore. So yeah, I could be told to go do it every week. ASANTS. That's my store.

Pfresh/perishables assistant. Which may or may not exist after the end of the month.
We haven’t had one since we started our modernization last year, so it probably won’t exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back