Archived Sloooow PDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
our store gets updates approx once a month always the same day (ex first monday of every month at 12:30AM) Im not sure if this day varies by store so I just used an example as to not reveal my store

According to the motorola website this smaller cell phone like device is android based, considering spot's network is windows based how well will that work?

Haha computer networks aren't that stringent as far as "brands" working together. TCP/IP transcends equipment manufacturers. Example: the vast vast majority of web servers on the internet run various flavors of Linux, including this site's server. I'm willing to bet that no one here is browsing on Linux, yet it works just fine.

Same goes for Target's store infrastructure. They run a lot of Windows Server, but Android devices wouldn't have a problem integrating into the network - it would just be a problem programming similar functionality and user-interface on Android devices.

I remember overhearing my Electronics TM telling a guest that buying a Linksys Wireless USB adapter wouldn't work because his router at home was a Netgear. I facepalmed.

Known and fixed issue, your store is probably running 131_1_6 with the older fusion client. The next update should be coming out very soon which will return it to a much higher volume. It turned out another team was tinkering around with the Naurtech server which resulted in the lower volume. Oh, and the initial 'Beep' that emits when the PDA acknowledges that it scanned something was also adjusted to be louder again (but not as loud as before for those that had the pleasure an earlier version that would make your ears bleed from it.)

As far as the disconnects, a very well known issue and still trying to reach a solution to meet or exceed the reliability of the 60's/90's.

The 9200 image above shows an email address to report issues, but the name indicates it's for the pilot. Is there a general bug report email address or Workbench page for the current PDAs (and for Workbench itself too)? I have a list of a few bugs for each that have been around since I started 5 years ago. I doubt anyone in my store would know of any such place to report these things.

I also have a few minor RF Apps interface suggestions (minor change, but enormous productivity impact), but that's a different subject. My ETL is going to get me in touch with my group's operations person for that.

Also, do you know anything about:

1) 3-5 second lag between every scan in STO? My store has been like this for over a year now, not sure if it's just mine or company wide. Happens in other RF Apps functions too, but STO is the worst.

2) Randomly booted from various functions in RF Apps (in a function, booted back out to a main menu; e.g. in SUBT, then suddenly booted to main Replenishment menu)? It is not happening due to the ~ 5 minute timeout, it's usually less than 15-30 seconds of inactivity, and then suddenly I'm booted out of a function, back to a menu. If I have two sessions going via shift-7, both functions get booted to their respective menus. It's uncommon, only happening about 3-4 times per week; so I'm not sure how to duplicate.

Last edited:
I guess the update came through because the sound when scanning the truck is back to a normal beep. WOW is unload a lot easier...

One thing I forgot to mention. TMs being stuck in batches (PDA died) is something that needs to be fixed. The server is well capable of seeing that the same TM already in the batch is trying to get into it again, from the same PDA, and therefore can just let them pick up from the same location they left off on. This has been a glaringly bad issue since I started. It's bad enough you can only have two people in a batch, so when one person's PDA dies in a 200 DPCI batch, the other person is stuck doing the batch alone for 15 minutes or however long it takes for the server to time the dead-PDA person out.

Also, I wish the PDA didn't beep 4 times with every single item scan during the backroom quantity audit batch. It really kinda slows the process down. Especially for stores like ours with 3-15 DPCIs per waco, depending on fillgroup.

Not to change the subject but speaking of slow has anyone else had problems with this site running really, really slow? It just seems to take it forever to load in when you go from section to section. I don't have that problem on other sites so I was wondering.

Not to change the subject but speaking of slow has anyone else had problems with this site running really, really slow? It just seems to take it forever to load in when you go from section to section. I don't have that problem on other sites so I was wondering.

I haven't had any problems but my mode of travel is always to use the Whats New then the back and forth arrows.
It hasn't been slow except sometimes when I post Quick Replies and it makes double posts.

I've noticed that the pages take a little longer to load lately. It worried me at first because I had issues with my wireless router recently and I thought I lost my connection.

I haven't had any problems but my mode of travel is always to use the Whats New then the back and forth arrows.
It hasn't been slow except sometimes when I post Quick Replies and it makes double posts.

I usually go to the What's New but that just started taking forever to load. Still does today.

Ok, right after I posted the above it started speeding up and is back to loading in like it used to. Maybe I scared it :spiteful:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back