Archived You ever break the glass in front of the pda scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda an unspoken that you should bust it out when it freezes in the freezer. Almost none of our pdas have them anymore. It's a lot easier than waiting for it to unfog. I'm guilty of it. As well, anyone else ever do it?

I've never heard of anyone intentionally doing it. My store we had one PDA where the glass was gone so it was indeed nice in the freezer. However it got sent in for repairs and the glass was either put back on or we didn't receive that PDA back

We have one that is cracked and another missing a small piece, so I don’t think anyone has purposely broken them. When I was backroom, I’d just leave it in the freezer until I was competely done, then let it fog over and warm up while I took care of my cardboard. Seemed to work alright.

Man, I don’t miss my fingers freezing.

most of ours have broken glass. How this isn't a big liability since they are TOUCH SCREEN with sliver thin glass edges I've never figured out...

We had someone termed for cracking the glass on one of ours.

what happens in the freezer stays in the freezer.

It still works

Even better. It's a win win
dude seriously do you smoke bud before you go in? Its a computer. That glass is there for a reason and by removing it you are damaging it and reducing its lifespan. I used to do the IT end for small companies that didnt have money to afford all the time IT. And yes I have seen what assholery you suggest. You are killing your devices and I am personally glad I dont work at your store. It works for now but it has little glitches.

Yes spot is stupid that they dont sent ruggedized mydevices for low temp work (like the ones used in antarctica) two would be enough to do the work in the freezer. That's on them. Your behavior and that of your store is not. That crap would get you termed on the stop.

We lost someone today because someone (i wont mention them) managed to actually break a mydevice. They busted the screen off of it. I have dropped mine accidently twice and it didnt even stop working and someone broke it.

So no, its not normal to break the glass of a touch screen pda when its extremely cold.

dude seriously do you smoke bud before you go in? Its a computer. That glass is there for a reason and by removing it you are damaging it and reducing its lifespan. I used to do the IT end for small companies that didnt have money to afford all the time IT. And yes I have seen what assholery you suggest. You are killing your devices and I am personally glad I dont work at your store. It works for now but it has little glitches.

Yes spot is stupid that they dont sent ruggedized mydevices for low temp work (like the ones used in antarctica) two would be enough to do the work in the freezer. That's on them. Your behavior and that of your store is not. That crap would get you termed on the stop.

We lost someone today because someone (i wont mention them) managed to actually break a mydevice. They busted the screen off of it. I have dropped mine accidently twice and it didnt even stop working and someone broke it.

So no, its not normal to break the glass of a touch screen pda when its extremely cold.
They will never find out who did it. No camera in the freezer

Lazy and the smashing of it gets back at spot for making his life shitty by giving him money to break their shit.
Well best part is they will be gone by Christmas. good luck with getting replacements.

Well best part is they will be gone by Christmas. good luck with getting replacements.

Yeah these assholes never realize they fuck over everyone else when they do shit like this.. We can't get replacements now.. Well we have some of the zebra's but the ETL who does the equipment set up quit so now they sit in a pile on her desk and none of the other ETL's will touch them..

I second the notion PDAs are so annoying trying to use in the freezer. I was cussing and trying to unfreeze it when LOD walks into the freezer asking "hows the pulls going?" SLOW CUZ MY PDA WONT SCAN THE WACO

Edit: typing on mu phone and I typed theater instead of freezer lol

PDAs are so annoying trying to use in the theater.

They don't let us remove them from the store.

aaf_pfft.gif

They don't let us remove them from the store.

aaf_pfft.gif
HAHA I was on my phone, I'm on my computer now. My english goes out the door when I'm on my phone for the most part. Whenever I'm in the Freezer, the internal scanner mechanism ends up frosting or fogging over from the inside, so I can't just wipe that condensation away, and I can't scan anything. I can deal with the screen itself getting fogged over, you just wipe it off, but I actually have to walk outside to un-fog the internal scanner in the PDA. That's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back