Archived So...I'm Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Coworker of mine and a Team leader of Mine were working together. He makes a joke saying, "I am gonna shoot you" but the coworker takes this seriously. He brings it up to our Store Manager. Keep in mind they always joke about stuff, so I don't know why today he reported it. Well. My coworker tells me what happened, and I am scared for my team leader. Will he get fired for saying that?

If the STL is familiar with his sense of humor, he might just tell him to watch what he says around team members. If I were him, I’d have all 3 people meet in his office to clear the air. Even though it was obviously a joke, not everyone takes it that way. I only talk like that around people I’m close with.

Joking about anything violent at work can be hazardous to your job security, since it can easily be misconstrued by someone as a threat, even when it was not meant that way, or when it was overheard out of context by a third party. I hope your TL comes out of this o.k.

A Coworker of mine and a Team leader of Mine were working together. He makes a joke saying, "I am gonna shoot you" but the coworker takes this seriously. He brings it up to our Store Manager. Keep in mind they always joke about stuff, so I don't know why today he reported it. Well. My coworker tells me what happened, and I am scared for my team leader. Will he get fired for saying that?
Target has a zero tolerance policy for harassment so it’s possible.

On my very first day in orientation, my the. ETL HR said “don’t EVER joke about anything violent or sexual. Even if you always do, one day, someone could be in a bad mood, or just otherwise not here for it, and then boom, you’re fired”

Well let’s see your team leader takes the free Harassment workplace classes. In those classes they “ teach” that even posting on social media about harming someone is a fireable offense . Hopefully he will be okay . I’m a pretty sarcastic person and I’ve said to people that know and joke as me about stuff like fhat. He needs to know his audience. Never said I would shoot someone , actually worse , but then again it was mutual .

My SrTL tells me she wants to strangle me all the time but honestly if the two people you’ve mentioned joke to each other all the time that was kind of a crappy move to report it even if telling someone you’re going to shoot them isn’t the best humor

From a lurker:
A good friend is always there for you; a REALLY good friend helps you hide the body but the BEST friend of all is in the cell next to you saying "Damn, that was good"
I don’t want to hide it , mine would decompose in a tub of acid somewhere lol 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back