Archived Softlines-Backroom & Earlier Shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAM

Greetings all, I started at Target recently in Softlines and so far so good I'm thankful to say, albeit a little slow at zoning. But I'm still lost with most all things regarding the backroom, and I'm also unsure about what non-closing shifts do (so far all I've done is closing). Admittedly I only just finished my training shifts and Sunday is my first non-training (and non-closing) shift, but I'd feel much more comfortable going in prepared/with some idea of what might be involved if possible.

So if anyone could explain a bit about these areas I'd be very grateful. Thank you

For Softlines mid-shifts, the way our store thinks about it is as setting the closing team up for success. Usually I get put on go-backs if I have mid shift. Sometimes, like the other day, I get given a task such as super-zoning an area. It depends on what leadership feels is most important at the time at our store.

You probably won't have any interaction with the backroom. On the off chance that a guest asks you if we have any in the back, you can scan it with a myDevice or a price checker and it will tell you if we have any in the back. If we do, you can call the backroom and ask them to pull an item (they are usually on channel 2).

Thanks so much for the responses and the heads up on things!

I also just got my first call to see if I could come in to cover a shift today but I had to tell them no. Suddenly worrying about what they think of me, but can't do much about it. Hopefully my mid day shift tomorrow goes okay. Thank you again!

Thanks so much for the responses and the heads up on things!

I also just got my first call to see if I could come in to cover a shift today but I had to tell them no. Suddenly worrying about what they think of me, but can't do much about it. Hopefully my mid day shift tomorrow goes okay. Thank you again!
At least you picked up. 90% of the calls they made went unanswered and without return.

If anything, zone. God knows softlines needs it. Since you're new and probably don't have a very good grasp on where everything is yet, I recommend bringing a cart around with you and putting reshop in so if you find its location, you can put it back in its rightful home. As you go, whenever you see a guest, greet them and ask if they need help finding anything. Check up on the softlines reshop cart at Guest Services every so often; every hour if slow, whenever you can if you're busier. See how the fitting room is doing, and offer a hand if necessary. Shoes could also often benefit from some love, so keep that in mind. Overall, just do your best to keep things in shape and do your part in making the store excel.

Thank you again for the responses. The shift went pretty well actually, it was a lot of reshop mostly. I'm still not the best at this position yet, that's for sure, trying to figure out how to most efficiently do things, but hoping I'll get there. Will keep all that in mind, 2spooky4u, thank you. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back