Archived Softline's little Spy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our store just hired this new girl for softlines and she seems like she knows a lot if the job. So yeah i think she worked retail before. The other day i over heard the store manager asking her about the team members in softlines (including me) and did not hear anything else. Then she talks to me like i don't know shit. I been here for a year. So is it possible that the store manager hired her to spy on us and is that legal? Please tell me this is not right.

They can & do hire snitches, albeit not solely for snitching but ratting out the coworkers would be a plus in addition to their core roles.
We know who they are at our store so chatter goes quiet whenever they come around.
You'd be wise to do the same.

Last edited:
Spy is as spy does.
There will always be people who like to curry favor by informing on their coworkers, it doesn't matter where you work.

The trick is to give them as little as possible to to work with and to realize that aspect of their character so that you can take advantage of it.
There is nothing more fun then passing along bits of useless crap through a bosses pet.

Lol sorry for the term spy guys but thanks so much for the advice and help guys. Ugh i gotta watch out with what i say.

I highly doubt anyone would get hired just to "spy." My STL and some ETLs will occasionally ask me how I feel about other TMs, TLs, or ETLs.
In my case the leader wants to know if there is anyone causing issues. Or if they receive complaints about a specific person they want to know if
I'm seeing these issues as well. I ask new TMs how they feel about the team, but I never single anyone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back