Some

Is there a reason that when you run across a baffle, it defaults to "some"? Why don't they make it go something like..."unexpected item scanned, how many are here?" Would that not fix the issue then and there? Now it just defaults to locating the item as "some".

Yeah, I don't get that either. I don't work softlines, so I don't know if this is more common, but when backstocking some soft items in toys or whatever, when I try to backstock it doesn't let me enter a quantity. Drives me nuts, it does.

It just doesnt track quantities of some items. All of BUCK is like that for example
I can see why this might be for small, inexpensive items. But it happens with what I would call regular stuff too, like bottles of liquid hand soap or razor refills. Still have to enter a number for those tiny bottles of hand sanitizer though. Seems sort of random, a waco here and there.

I can see why this might be for small, inexpensive items. But it happens with what I would call regular stuff too, like bottles of liquid hand soap or razor refills. Still have to enter a number for those tiny bottles of hand sanitizer though. Seems sort of random, a waco here and there.
That’s a baffle. Someone didn’t backstock that item or it came unlocated so when a team member scans that item while pulling the system then knows that “some” are there just not how many.

Or, some idiot Tech TM backstocks the Apple airpods, not looking that there are 20 of the wired ones and only one of the wireless ones. Backstocks 21 of the wired ones and it is not discovered until someone doing pulls scans the wireless one.

That’s a baffle. Someone didn’t backstock that item or it came unlocated so when a team member scans that item while pulling the system then knows that “some” are there just not how many.
I know, but I would think forcing the tm who exposed the error to enter how many are there, instead of just marking it as "some" would be beneficial and more efficient.

I know, but I would think forcing the tm who exposed the error to enter how many are there, instead of just marking it as "some" would be beneficial and more efficient.
Oh absolutely I was just explaining why it does it to flowteamchick

When I come across "some" for items that I know would take a quantity, if I have time, I take all of the items from the location and backstock them with the correct quantities, but I don't always have time.

When I come across "some" for items that I know would take a quantity, if I have time, I take all of the items from the location and backstock them with the correct quantities, but I don't always have time.
yup, same here, I'm the toys DBO at my store, and I simply don't have the time, esp. now....once the season winds down I'll do it more often.

I think we're talking about different things. There have been a few times where my zebra doesn't ask me to put in a quantity, just do I want to place this product in this waco. And then when I go to pull that product, it asks if I'm pulling all of that product from the waco because it doesn't know how many are there. Because I didn't enter a quantity when I back stocked it. (I'm going in circles here.)

I think we're talking about different things. There have been a few times where my zebra doesn't ask me to put in a quantity, just do I want to place this product in this waco. And then when I go to pull that product, it asks if I'm pulling all of that product from the waco because it doesn't know how many are there. Because I didn't enter a quantity when I back stocked it. (I'm going in circles here.)

Isn't it frustrating? I don't get it. Y U NO LET ME ADD QUANTITY? Makes no sense.

I really loathe that a lot of softlines items are like this. Only because, especially during Q4 when there are lots of seasonal TMs, when it asks "did you take all of these items?" many people don't understand what that means and my BRLA goes to absolute shit.

That’s usually Is in softlines and buck . Because is should be truck to floor .
Before in the old days when you went to pull the lpda ( if anyone remembers those ) use to ask if you pulled all and if you said no it would ask to enter how many were left

This just happened to me today when back stocking HB01 product. Instead of asking me to input a quantity, the zebra asked if I wanted to back stock in that location with a choice between a "yes" button and a "no" button. Wasn't a soft lines or a Bullseye thing. Whatever, I know it's just a system glitch and the product is located.

This just happened to me today when back stocking HB01 product. Instead of asking me to input a quantity, the zebra asked if I wanted to back stock in that location with a choice between a "yes" button and a "no" button. Wasn't a soft lines or a Bullseye thing. Whatever, I know it's just a system glitch and the product is located.

I get this a lot with Bullseye Playground/Onespot/whatever items. No idea why...

It's not limited to softlines/bullseye stuff. I see it happen to paper, trial size, etc..

Bullseye stuff shouldn't be backstocked ever. At least that's what I was told. It's either staged in receiving or pushed onto the floor.
ASANTS. Same rule I typically go with, no need to backstock it. Stage it in a pallet space and flex when necessary. Definitely can be backstocked as every store is set up with a BUCK backroom profile. Whether your store kept it or not it’s still exist

ASANTS. Same rule I typically go with, no need to backstock it. Stage it in a pallet space and flex when necessary. Definitely can be backstocked as every store is set up with a BUCK backroom profile. Whether your store kept it or not it’s still exist

We have one tiny aisle in the HBA stockroom dedicated to BUCK, so yeah. I probably shouldn't have backstocked any of the stuff but there was just nowhere else to put it. As fast as the stuff moves this time of year, it doesn't move instantly.

Back