Archived speed score since chip update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your leadership probably just hasn't gotten around to going over speed scores and such with you guys recently. The information is still available under myPerformance on Workbench. Our GSTL used to print out the data for every cashier and go over it with them, but we haven't done it in a little while.

Speed scores have never been important in my store. They're just not a concern.

It doesn't seem to be that important at my store but my score has taken a beating since the update. I've always been in the mid 90's and now it is a struggle to complete a shift in the upper 80's.

We have some cashiers who have really high scores still, but most have dropped by a good bit.

I'm unsure if the people with scores still really high are cheating, or treating their guests like five year olds.

By cheating I man suspending orders to avoid reds, and treating guests like 5 year olds as in:

Push the card into the bottom slot, chip in first, till it makes a click feeling. Now hands off, and don't touch the card. Now enter your PIN, or hit the green button for credit. Okay, now please sign in the box and remove your card when it tells you.

I refuse to baby-talk adults. I'd rather get red scores than have to talk to them like they're five.

We have some cashiers who have really high scores still, but most have dropped by a good bit.

I'm unsure if the people with scores still really high are cheating, or treating their guests like five year olds.

By cheating I man suspending orders to avoid reds, and treating guests like 5 year olds as in:

Push the card into the bottom slot, chip in first, till it makes a click feeling. Now hands off, and don't touch the card. Now enter your PIN, or hit the green button for credit. Okay, now please sign in the box and remove your card when it tells you.

I refuse to baby-talk adults. I'd rather get red scores than have to talk to them like they're five.
I'm guilty of doing this to guests that don't know what they're doing.

"Push the card into the slot till you feel it click. If you move it or take it out it messed up the transaction. Ok now enter your PIN/or push the green button/you don't need to sign because it's under $50/you'll need to sign because it's over $50. When it starts beeping you're fine it's just reminding you not to forget your card *cue awkward forced laugh*"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back