Archived Speed scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
In the last couple of weeks, my speed score has been horrible. I think that I'm working at the same pace, but it doesn't seem to show. My score was usually 89-90%. Now, I can't seem to get out of the low 80s.

Have they readjusted the way the speed score is calculated? Or, can management do something to screw around with your speed scores? I don't know why my score is so low, and I'm beginning to worry about it.

Management can't do anything about your speed score. Have you had a lot of check writers or people digging for cash? The suspend button can be your friend in those cases. Wait to pull hangers off clothes until you've scanned everything (unless it's a ton of clothes). Let guests kn

Management can't do anything about your speed score. Have you had a lot of check writers or people digging for cash? The suspend button can be your friend in those cases. Wait to pull hangers off clothes until you've scanned everything (unless it's a ton of clothes). Let guests know they can swipe their card at anytime during the transaction. Those are the only tips I have.

Just go over your scanning habits- Make sure the guest has all/near all their items on the belt or table before scanning- Hold off taking hangers off until after the transaction is completed- Only use the Suspend button if you absolutely know the guest is going to take a bit (DO NOT SUSPEND ON A LARGE TRANSACTION)- Prompt the guest to have payment ready if you can- There was a rumor at my store that if you back and forth between the Total Screen and Scanning screen, it helps slow down the transaction clock.Its possible that the Red Card prompts are having some affect.

You could remind guests that they can swipe their card at any time, instead of waiting for you to tell them to the total. That could save a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back