Speed over Safety?

What’s up with the lack of safety? Seems like they’re more concerned with speed.

3 weeks new to target. Back stocking, large box on tallest shelf at entry of aisle was caught between the shelves. Called the ETL and all he did was crank it open further, let it fall and kicked out of the way.

He didn’t say anything, just walked out. I made a near miss report with HR and from the sound of it- they didn’t bother to investigate.

Store mgr said it might have been a misunderstanding and he was probably busy. From the lack of response seems like this happens frequently.

What’s up with the lack of safety? Seems like they’re more concerned with speed.

3 weeks new to target. Back stocking, large box on tallest shelf at entry of aisle was caught between the shelves. Called the ETL and all he did was crank it open further, let it fall and kicked out of the way.

He didn’t say anything, just walked out. I made a near miss report with HR and from the sound of it- they didn’t bother to investigate.

Store mgr said it might have been a misunderstanding and he was probably busy. From the lack of response seems like this happens frequently.
We have the library style backroom shelves too and I’ve done the same thing

That is Tuesday at my store and you wouldn't even get an ETL to come back and deal with it. CYA and protect yourself cause no one else will.

Well, I’m new. Dropping from the ceiling doesn’t sit right though. If he would have told me what he was going to do I would have moved back or off to the side. Expect a little more out of an ETL.

Well, I’m new. Dropping from the ceiling doesn’t sit right though. If he would have told me what he was going to do I would have moved back or off to the side. Expect a little more out of an ETL.
I wouldn’t call it a near miss unless you were under it. I have a hard time believing even the dumbest ETLs would deliberately drop a box on you.

Back