Archived SR ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most senior of the ETLs. Kind of joking. We used that term as a career ETL, meaning they have no interest in moving beyond the ETL role and have many years of experience. They only had ETLs as direct reports if they were a LOG or a Sr. Merchant. We didn't have org charts in our district that had an official Sr. ETL title. We had two ETLs with 13 years or more each. They were our Sr. ETLs but held no power other than experience.

I'm at a top 100 store in the company for sales revenue, and we don't have a SrETL. I've only seen a couple at high volume supertargets. Also, I think a few of the ETL-Healthcare's (pilot program) are considered SrETL's. Definitely a position I'd like to learn more about too if anybody has info to share?

My understanding of a senior ETL was either the ones that are in the pipe to be a STL or the ones that passed their interviews to be the top training ETL.

There used to be SrETL - Merch, Ops, Food (super T only), and I think Logistics every now and then. I'm not sure if the positions technically exist anymore. Many times seniors would be past their STL interviews waiting on a store assignment. They usually only had other ETLs as direct reports but that wasn't always true. The super I worked at had an ETL - Food who reported to the SrETL - Food. But they both had LOD shifts, although the senior usually worked early and didn't close but every so often.

Honestly, I had never even heard of a Sr ETL....are there any other odd positions spot doesn't usually have? I know of ETL HR, AP, HL, SL, Food, Ops, Log, and GE...are there more? Honestly anymore to me seems like it could be wasteful though.

Honestly, I had never even heard of a Sr ETL....are there any other odd positions spot doesn't usually have? I know of ETL HR, AP, HL, SL, Food, Ops, Log, and GE...are there more? Honestly anymore to me seems like it could be wasteful though.

ETL - replenishment

No such thing as a Sr. ETL. Maybe you're thinking of a Sr. TL?

We had an ETL-LOG at my store who was already signed up to be an STL and was just waiting for a store; sometimes we jokingly referred to him as the "Sr. ETL." But otherwise, that's not an actual position.

There is a position for Sr. Etl, it depends on your store & district. It has a pay grade P15 for etl.
From our wiki
• This is actually the Senior ETL position. This is an ETL that is signed off as a STL, but waiting on the position. He/she must interview with DTLs that are not in your area, GVP's, and maybe RVP's.
From another thread about etl structure:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/etl-hierarchy.10792/#post-167604

Last edited:
My store had a Sr. ETL Merch who was an outside hire and was waiting for an STL position. We also had a Sr. ETL in Hardlines who was with the company for many years until he was termed. I remember the other store I worked at, their Merch's door nameplate read "Super Merch." I think there's a lot less Sr. than there were when I first started.

ETL - replenishment

Food Service (rare), Pharmacy, Remodel (temporary), Salesfloor, whatever combos there are in smaller stores, Merch; we also have Salesfloor Ops in addition to just Ops.

I have only heard of ETL-Ops referring to a combo ETL-Log and GE for low volume stores.. Does Ops mean something else for bigger stores?

if i recall correctly... supers that are in the 70+ million range will have a sr.etl. now not all have them and they have definitely been cut back on but from what i understand it's mainly for people they bring in externally who are STL ready but want them to learn how a store operates. usually each role is 14-16 months(one Q4). they are also used for ETL's who continue to pass paygrade interviews and are waiting for a store... or if a GD or DTL deem it necessary for them to gain a bit more experience with a bigger role

I'm one. Have been for awhile- not a sr etl food either. The position exists- completely depends on district , group & store. Complex stores have them (supers that are high volume, high theft stores, stores who pilot everything, etc). You essentially run the store so the STL can focus on specialty areas ( ap, hr, RX).

I've heard of Sr-ETL Merch. It's listed on the new POGs for the upcoming electronics rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back